Bay State College operates as a private school dedicated to offering a solid education for students in Boston and surrounding areas. Students may pick from many areas of study, including:
- Business and Marketing Studies
- Security and Protective Services
- Health and Clinical Professions
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Communication Technology
Over 810 students have received a degree in the last few years based on published graduation information with about 22% of those who start the program continue it to completion. Over twenty different programs are offered at Bay State Junior College, with a Bachelor's degree being the highest degree offered. The more popular programs are listed below:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Medical Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Arts, Entertainment,And Media Management, General
To help students and recent graduates, Bay State College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The last reported accreditation for this school was done by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see classes offered, tuition, and disclosures.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $22,400. To calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $40 application fee for students applying to the school. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (617) 217-9016, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Bay State College. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $22,000-$26,000
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $830 to $990 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $530
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$7,647|
|Receiving Student Loans||90%||$7,866|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 15%.
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bay State College.
- Gibbs College - Boston in Boston, MA (0.06 miles away)
- Urban College of Boston in Boston, MA (0.9 miles away)
- Marian Court College in Swampscott, MA (12 miles away)
- Johnson & Wales University - Online in Providence, RI (41 miles away)
- Salter College - Chicopee in Chicopee, MA (75 miles away)