Colorado Technical University Online (Colorado Tech Online)
4435 N Chestnut, Suite E, Colorado Springs, CO
- FAFSA School Code: 010148
- Phone: (866) 813-1836
- School Homepage
Colorado Technical University is a system of schools established in 1965. The school became a university in 1995 changing its name from Colorado Technical College to the current. The school was purchased by the Whitman Education Group, Inc. in 1996, and merged with Career Education Corporation in 2003, which manages a variety of schools that offer career training and education throughout the United States.
As a result of consolidation and reorganization there are currently three campuses open in the state of Colorado. These schools offer degrees ranging from the associate to the graduate. Some programs are also available online. The school employs a qualified and experienced staff to ensure students receive the best education and training possible. Upon completion, students will be able to pursue employment or further educational opportunities as desired.
Programs offered include:
- Business Administration
- General Studies
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
Colorado Springs Location
The Colorado Springs branch of Colorado Technical University is located at 4435 N Chestnut, Suite E. About twenty seven thousand students have graduated from this campus in recent years. This location provides services for students in the form of remedial education courses for program or licensure preparation, job placement opportunities for students after graduation, and career counseling for students in need of assistance. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting coloradotech.edu.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A, B, M)
- Accounting (A, B)
- Project Management (M)
- Operations Management (M)
- Financial Planning and Services (B)
- Information Systems (M)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (M)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Medical Insurance Specialist (A)
- Nursing (B)
- Healthcare Administration (B)
- Medical Office Assistant (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- General Studies (A)
Security and Protective Services
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Information Technology (A, B)
- Information Technology Project Management (M)
- Computer and Information Systems Security (M)
- Computer Information Technology Services Administration and Management (B)
- Computer Science (M)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $22,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $50 application fee for students applying to the school. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range is around $12,000-$15,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $340 for part time students
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $14,000-$17,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $640 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$3,596|
|Receiving Student Loans||85%||$8,020|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 16%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Colorado Technical University Online.
- Colorado Technical University - Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, CO (- miles away)
- National American University - Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, CO (3 miles away)
- College America - Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, CO (5 miles away)
- National American University - Centennial in Centennial, CO (47 miles away)
- Colorado Technical University - Greenwood Village in Aurora, CO (50 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.