Compass Career College
42353 Deluxe Plaza, Suite 16, Hammond, LA
- FAFSA School Code: 040403
- Phone: (985) 419-2050
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Compass Career College, located in Hammond, Louisiana, was founded in 1997 to provide residents of southern Louisiana workforce development opportunities in cosmetology, allied health and nursing. The school is an open enrollment institution, along any individual wishing to receive career education to enroll. The school is dedicated to providing an excellent learning environment and allowing students to develop and grow prior to their entry into the workforce, ensuring that they are capable and ready for professional success.
Compass Career College offers a number of training programs aimed to prepare students for entry into the workforce as professionals. These programs will provide comprehensive education and training to individuals, allowing them to develop the skills necessary to operate as professionals within their field of study. Programs take between one and two years to complete, based on the complexity and educational requirements of the field. Program completion is based on hours of study, with courses held five days a week, starting in the morning and ending by early to mid afternoon.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students wishing to enroll at Compass Career College must supply proof of age, identification, social security number, have a high school diploma or equivalent as well as provide acceptable ACT scores. If the student has not taken the ACT, a placement exam will be administered to ensure the student meets the minimum requirements for admission. Once all information is provided, students will supply immunization records, pay for tuition, and attend orientation to start the education process.
Students looking for financial assistance must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which will be used to determine need, eligibility and awards. Students must meet with a counselor prior to the initial disbursement of funds as well as prior to graduation in order to better prepare the student for repayment of loans as part of their future financial planning.
The following is a list of programs offered at Compass Career College. Please consider that the list may be different from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Get more information about the programs offered by clicking the request information button to the right.
Medical Assistant (900 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes usually twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $13,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $950*
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $8,700 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 40 students completed this program
- Students complete this program in usually 12 months
Take a look at our medical assistant schools profile page to obtain more information and school listings that may help you match the right school..
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about fourteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $19,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $2,520*
- $16,500 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Last year, more than 30 students completed this program
- The cosmetology program takes about 14 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,680 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered usually takes about eighteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $20,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,370*
- More than 20 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 18 months to complete
To learn more visit our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page to obtain more information and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
Medical Insurance Coding (775 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program offered usually takes about twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $11,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,080*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $7,400 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the medical insurance coding program in 12 months
Phlebotomy (425 Hours)
Phlebotomy program takes usually seven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $520*
- Students complete this program in usually 7 months
To learn more visit our phlebotomy training profile page to obtain more details and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
Nursing Assistant (150 Hours)
Nursing assistant program takes usually three months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $1,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $210*
- Around 40 students completed the nursing assistant program last year
- The length of the nursing assistant program is about 3 months
Get more information about nursing assistant and see other schools listed by checking out our nursing assistant training page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $18,100. There is also a $100 application fee for students applying to the school. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Compass Career College. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||77%||$3,596|
|Receiving Student Loans||68%||$6,321|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 6%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Compass Career College.
- Remington College - Baton Rouge in Baton Rouge, LA (35 miles away)
- Delta College of Arts & Technology in Baton Rouge, LA (38 miles away)
- Camelot College in Baton Rouge, LA (38 miles away)
- Cameron College in New Orleans, LA (42 miles away)
- Gretna Career College in Gretna, LA (46 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.