Sanford-Brown is private institution owned and operated by the Career Education corporation, Inc. The school has multiple campuses locations in eighteen states and is dedicated to providing premiere allied health, business, and design education for students. The school aims is to assist in the pursuit and creation of career opportunities for students through a targeted education in high demand and growing fields. Sanford-Brown institutions are nationally accredited, with several programs being individually accredited.
Sanford-Brown offers a large number of programs in various fields and industries, though the majority of programs are for careers in the healthcare industry. Courses and requirements will vary by program and students will earn certificates, diplomas, associate's degrees or a bachelor’s upon completion. Education is provided by an experienced faculty that is able to provide practical skill development and training; making sure students are ready for entry into the workforce after graduating.
Programs offered include:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Business Administration
- Fashion Design and Merchandising
Gibbs College – Farmington is located at 270 Farmington Ave, Suite 245 in the city of Farmington. This campus has graduated over 470 students over the last few years. This location offers student services in the form of job placement options for students after graduation and career counseling for students in need of assistance. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting sanfordbrown.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Medical Assistant (A, C)
- $8,800 is the average amount of student loans requested for this program**
- About forty students were granted degrees last year
Cardiovascular Technology (A, C)
Fashion Merchandising (A, C)
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 34% for former students*
- About ten students were granted degrees last year
Medical Insurance Specialist (A, C)
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $10,800 in student loans**
- Ten students reported graduating last year
Administrative Assistant (A, C)
Ultrasound Technician (A, C)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $20,300. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $75 application fee for those applying to a program. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (203) 838-4173. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $17,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $290 to $350 per credit hour
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$4,885|
|Receiving Student Loans||89%||$7,874|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gibbs College – Farmington.
- Ridley - Lowell Business and Technical Institute in Danbury, CT (19 miles away)
- Hunter Business School in Levittown, NY (27 miles away)
- Branford Hall Career Institute - Bohemia Campus in Bohemia, NY (28 miles away)
- New Life Business Institute in Jamaica, NY (35 miles away)
- Ace Computer Training Center in Forest Hills, NY (36 miles away)