Kaplan Career Institute - Charlestown
570 Rutherford Ave, Charlestown, MA
- FAFSA School Code: 007488
- Phone: (617) 580-4010
- School Homepage
Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
The Charlestown branch of Kaplan University is located at 570 Rutherford Ave. This campus has graduated close to a thousand students over the last few years. This campus offers student services in the form of career guidance for students in need of assistance and job placement opportunities for students after graduation. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting kaplancareerinstitute.com.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Kaplan Career Institute - Charlestown. The list may differ from current program available, for a complete list of what programs are offered students may visit the school's website.
Electrician (48 Hours)
Electrician program takes on average nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $2,500*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 42%**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $9,500**
- Around 200 students completed the electrician program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 9 months
Get more information about electrician and see other schools listed by checking out our electrician training profile page.
Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (56 Hours)
Heating and air conditioning (HVAC) program takes on average fifteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $20,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,880*
- 44% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- On average, $12,600 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Around 200 students completed the heating and air conditioning (HVAC) program last year
- The length of the heating and air conditioning (HVAC) program is about 15 months
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our heating and air conditioning (HVAC) Training page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $21,400 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||77%||$4,412|
|Receiving Student Loans||89%||$9,325|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 17%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan Career Institute - Charlestown.
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Hamden in Hamden, CT (117 miles away)
- Career Institute of Health & Technology in Garden City, NY (174 miles away)
- Apex Technical School in New York, NY (189 miles away)
- Triangle Tech Inc - Bethlehem in Bethlehem, PA (253 miles away)
- Kaplan Career Institute in Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (272 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.