Kaplan Career Institute - Franklin Mills
177 Franklin Mills Blvd., Philadelphia, PA
- FAFSA School Code: 022898
- Phone: (215) 612-6600
- School Homepage
- Phone: (215) 357-5100
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (215) 357-5100
Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
The Philadelphia branch of Kaplan University is located at 177 Franklin Mills Blvd.. This campus has a graduating class size which is about 600 students in a given year. This campus offers services for students in the form of career pathway assistance for students in need of help, flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours, and job placement opportunities for students after graduation. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting kaplancareerinstitute.com.
The following is a list of programs offered at Kaplan Career Institute - Franklin Mills. Acutal programs offered may be different than the list of programs below.. For a comprehensive list of programs available you can visit the school's website or call the school at (215) 612-6600.
Medical Assistant (44 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000*
- Required supplies and books: $760*
- On average, $9,200 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 200 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 9 months
Learn more about medical assistant programs by visiting our medical assistant schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Respiratory Therapy (136 Hours)
The respiratory therapy program takes about twenty-four months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $43,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $2,340*
- 65% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- On average, $21,000 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 50 students completed the respiratory therapy program last year
- Takes about 24 months to complete
Find out more and discover other schools listed by checking out our respiratory therapy schools profile page.
Criminal Justice (107 Hours)
Criminal justice program takes usually nineteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $30,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $2,160*
- 35% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $10,400**
- More than 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Takes about 19 months to complete
Learn more and find other schools listed by going to our criminal justice degree profile page.
Electrician (71 Hours)
The electrician program offered usually takes about twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $2,500*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 46%**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $11,300**
- Based on published reports, around 100 students completed the electrician program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 12 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our electrician training profile page.
Computer Networking (105 Hours)
The computer networking program takes about nineteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $33,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,670*
- 51% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $14,600 in student loans**
- Around 30 students completed the computer networking program last year
- The length of the computer networking program is about 19 months
Take a look at our computer networking degree profile page to obtain more information and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
Medical Insurance Coding (47 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $1,110*
- $9,400 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Students complete this program in usually 9 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $19,500 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (215) 357-5100. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$4,707|
|Receiving Student Loans||96%||$8,528|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 18%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan Career Institute - Franklin Mills.
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Northeast Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (2 miles away)
- DPT Business School in Philadelphia, PA (2 miles away)
- Kaplan Career Institute in Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (15 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Center City Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (15 miles away)
- Lansdale School of Business in North Wales, PA (19 miles away)