Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
The Philadelphia branch of Kaplan University is located at 177 Franklin Mills Blvd.. This campus has a graduating class size which is about 380 students in a given year. This campus offers services for students in the form of job placement opportunities for students after graduation, career pathway assistance for students in need of help, and flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting brightwoodcareer.edu.
The following is a list of programs offered at Kaplan Career Institute – Franklin Mills. Acutal programs offered may be different than the list of programs below.. For a comprehensive list of programs available you can visit the school's website or call the school at (215) 612-6600.
Medical Assistant (46 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes usually nine months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $17,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $760*
- Around 200 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- The length of the medical assistant program is about 9 months
More details and school listings are available through our medical assistant schools profile page.
Electrician (71 Hours)
The electrician program offered usually takes about twelve months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $18,000*
- Required supplies and books: $2,240*
- Around 60 students completed the electrician program last year
- Students usually complete the electrician program in 12 months
Take a look at our electrician training profile page to obtain more details and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
Medical Insurance Coding (48 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program offered usually takes about nine months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $970*
- Last year, more than 40 students completed this program
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Respiratory Therapy (136 Hours)
The respiratory therapy program takes about twenty-three months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $43,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $2,340*
- Last year, more than 40 students completed this program
- The respiratory therapy program takes about 23 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our respiratory therapy schools profile page.
Pharmacy Technician (52 Hours)
Pharmacy technician program takes usually nine months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $1,020*
- Around 30 students completed the pharmacy technician program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 9 months
Find out more and view other schools listed by checking out our pharmacy technician training information page.
Computer Networking (105 Hours)
Computer networking program takes usually eighteen months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $33,000*
- Required supplies and books: $2,540*
- Around 30 students completed the computer networking program last year
- Students usually complete the computer networking program in 18 months
More details and school listings are available through our computer networking degree profile page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $19,500 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The cost to submit an application is $10. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (215) 357-5100. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$4,707|
|Receiving Student Loans||96%||$8,528|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan Career Institute – Franklin Mills.
- Lincoln Tech - Northeast Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (2 miles away)
- Prism Career Institute - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (5 miles away)
- Harris School of Business - Cherry Hill Campus in Cherry Hill, NJ (11 miles away)
- Lincoln Tech - Moorestown in Moorestown, NJ (11 miles away)
- Prism Career Institute - Cherry Hill in Cherry Hill, NJ (12 miles away)