Kaplan College - Panorama City
14355 Roscoe Blvd, Panorama City, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 030445
- Phone: (818) 672-3000
- School Homepage
Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
Panorama City Location
The Panorama City branch of Kaplan University is located at 14355 Roscoe Blvd. This campus has graduated close to 910 students in the last several years. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting kaplancollege.com.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Kaplan College - Panorama City. The list may differ from current program available, for a complete list of what is being offered students can visit the school's website.
Medical Assistant (44 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered usually takes about nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $16,000*
- Required supplies and books: $310*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 31% for former students**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $8,500 in student loans**
- Around 100 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 9 months
Learn more about medical assistant programs by taking a look at our medical assistant schools profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Criminal Justice (91 Hours)
The criminal justice program takes about nineteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $32,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,310*
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $11,600 in student loans**
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the criminal justice program last year
- The criminal justice program takes about 19 months to complete
Find out more criminal justice programs by taking a look at our criminal justice degree profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Medical Insurance Coding (47 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program offered usually takes about nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $16,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $340*
- $8,700 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Last year, more than 60 students completed this program
- The length of the medical insurance coding program is about 9 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $15,100 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$4,500|
|Receiving Student Loans||93%||$7,952|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 12%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan College - Panorama City.
- InterCoast Colleges - Burbank in Burbank, CA (9 miles away)
- Everest College - West Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (14 miles away)
- Everest College - LA Wilshire in Los Angeles, CA (14 miles away)
- Ladera Career Paths Training Centers in Los Angeles, CA (18 miles away)
- Platt College - Los Angeles in Alhambra, CA (20 miles away)