Lincoln Group of Schools is a system of campuses that provide various career oriented educations. The schools that comprise the system are owned and operated by the Lincoln Educational Services Corporation. Over 40 locations can be found throughout the United States.
Lincoln's approach to education is to provide hands-on training, focusing on career-specific technical skills. Lincoln accomplishes this through a quality, student-focused education that empowers each student to reach his or her highest potential.
The first Lincoln Technical Institute was opened in 1946 in Newark, New Jersey. A single program in air conditioning and refrigeration was offered. Within two years the school expanded to automotive technology, resulting in rapid growth for the school and its eventual sale. The purchase of Lincoln Technical Institute brought it together with other campuses in various states, establishing a system which would grow into nearly fifteen schools by 1996. A second sale of the school to a new owner resulted in further and faster expansion into various programs and locations, and eventually a public stock offering.
Lincoln Group of Schools offers a variety of programs for the purposes of skill development and training in high demand fields. The schools mostly cater to individuals lacking a high school education or are seeking a rapid career change into a skill dependent field. Programs are taught by industry veterans that provide practical education opportunities to ensure students are prepared for entry into the workforce.
Programs offered include:
- Dental Assisting
- Automotive Technician
- Culinary Arts
Program availability is based on location. Intere4sted students should visit the Lincoln Group of Schools website to determine which location best suits their interests.
The Allentown branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 5151 Tilghman St. This campus has a graduating class size which is approximately 370 students per year. This campus provides services for students in the form of flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours, remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation, and job placement options for students after graduation. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolnedu.com.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Lincoln Tech – Allentown. Please note that the list may differ from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Medical Assistant (40 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $17,000*
- Based on published reports, around 200 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 10 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our medical assistant schools information page.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,500 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $30,000*
- Required supplies and books: $290*
- More than 60 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students usually complete the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program in 12 months
Find out more licensed practical nurse (LPN) programs by taking a look at our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Electrical Equipment Installation and Repair (60 Hours)
The electrical equipment installation and repair program offered commonly takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $34,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $1,040*
- Around 30 students completed the electrical equipment installation and repair program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 15 months
Pharmacy Technician (26 Hours)
Pharmacy technician program takes ,as reported, eight months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $15,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $130*
- More than 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The pharmacy technician program takes about 8 months to complete
Learn more and find other schools listed by going to our pharmacy technician training page.
Medical Administration (60 Hours)
The medical administration program offered commonly takes about seventeen months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $30,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $170*
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- Takes about 17 months to complete
Check out our medical administration programs profile page to obtain more information and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Computer Networking (62 Hours)
The computer networking program offered commonly takes about eighteen months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $33,000*
- Required supplies and books: $730*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the computer networking program last year
- Students usually complete the computer networking program in 18 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our computer networking degree profile page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $14,700 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (610) 398-5315. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,813|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,207|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Tech – Allentown.
- Lincoln Tech - Northeast Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (45 miles away)
- CHI Institute - Broomall in Broomall, PA (45 miles away)
- Prism Career Institute - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (46 miles away)
- Kaplan Career Institute - Franklin Mills in Philadelphia, PA (47 miles away)
- Lincoln Tech - Center City Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (48 miles away)