Lincoln Group of Schools is a system of campuses that provide various career oriented educations. The schools that comprise the system are owned and operated by the Lincoln Educational Services Corporation. Over 40 locations can be found throughout the United States.
Lincoln's approach to education is to provide hands-on training, focusing on career-specific technical skills. Lincoln accomplishes this through a quality, student-focused education that empowers each student to reach his or her highest potential.
The first Lincoln Technical Institute was opened in 1946 in Newark, New Jersey. A single program in air conditioning and refrigeration was offered. Within two years the school expanded to automotive technology, resulting in rapid growth for the school and its eventual sale. The purchase of Lincoln Technical Institute brought it together with other campuses in various states, establishing a system which would grow into nearly fifteen schools by 1996. A second sale of the school to a new owner resulted in further and faster expansion into various programs and locations, and eventually a public stock offering.
Lincoln Group of Schools offers a variety of programs for the purposes of skill development and training in high demand fields. The schools mostly cater to individuals lacking a high school education or are seeking a rapid career change into a skill dependent field. Programs are taught by industry veterans that provide practical education opportunities to ensure students are prepared for entry into the workforce.
Programs offered include:
- Dental Assisting
- Automotive Technician
- Culinary Arts
Program availability is based on location. Intere4sted students should visit the Lincoln Group of Schools website to determine which location best suits their interests.
New Britain Location
The New Britain branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 200 John Downey Dr. About a thousand students have graduated from this location over the past few years. This location provides services for students in the form of career counseling for students in need of help, job placement opportunities for students after graduation, and remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolnedu.com.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Lincoln Tech – New Britain. The list may differ from current programs, for a complete list of what is being offered students may visit the school's website.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (61 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $33,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,280*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 85% for former students**
- $46,256 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $179.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- More than 100 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students usually complete the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program in 13 months
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
Medical Assistant (34 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,290*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 74% for former students**
- $21,025 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $98.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Around 100 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 10 months
Learn more about medical assistant programs through our medical assistant schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Refrigeration Technology (49 Hours)
The refrigeration technology program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $25,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,000*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 55% for former students**
- $29,859 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $126.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Around 40 students completed the refrigeration technology program last year
- Students usually complete the refrigeration technology program in 13 months
Electrician (50 Hours)
The electrician program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $24,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $830*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 68%**
- $24,089 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $117.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Based on published reports, around 50 students completed the electrician program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 13 months
Find out more electrician programs through our electrician training profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,700. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (860) 225-8641. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$4,750|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$7,706|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 16%.
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Tech – New Britain.
- Industrial Management Training Institute in Waterbury, CT (16 miles away)
- Porter and Chester Institute of Branford in Branford, CT (27 miles away)
- Lincoln Tech - Shelton in Shelton, CT (33 miles away)
- Salter College - Chicopee in Chicopee, MA (37 miles away)
- Branford Hall Career Institute - Bohemia Campus in Bohemia, NY (63 miles away)