Lincoln Technical Institute - Allentown (Lincoln Tech)
5151 Tilghman St, Allentown, PA
- FAFSA School Code: 007759
- Phone: (610) 398-5300
- School Homepage
- Phone: (610) 398-5301
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (610) 398-5315
- Financial Aid Page
Fortis College, as well as Fortis Institute, is a system of schools owned and operated by Education Affiliates, Inc. to provide a variety of career education programs for potential students. Originally known as Bohecker College, the school has expanded to more than forty campuses in fourteen states, having unified under the Fortis umbrella. Fortis also offers access to programs through its online arm.
Fortis schools provide up to date facilities and career assistance services to ensure that students are prepared and motivated for their entry into the work force. Once a student chooses a program, he or she will be given instruction by qualified and experienced professionals who provide a practical training atmosphere to ensure students are acclimated to the nature of their work. Small class sizes also ensure easy access to teachers and a more personalized education.
Programs offered include:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Business Administration
- Computer Networking Technology
The Allentown branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 5151 Tilghman St. This campus has a graduating class size which is approximately 580 students per year. This campus provides services for students in the form of career pathway assistance for students in need of help, flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours, and job placement options for students after graduation. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolntech.com.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Lincoln Technical Institute - Allentown. Please note that the list may differ from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
The medical assistant programs listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
46 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000 per year*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
85 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $28,000 per year*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Electrical Equipment Installation and Repair (76 Hours)
Electrical equipment installation and repair program takes ,as reported, fourteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $31,000*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 69%**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $14,000 in student loans**
- Based on published reports, around 30 students completed the electrical equipment installation and repair program last year
- The electrical equipment installation and repair program takes about 14 months to complete
Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services (81 Hours)
The computer and information sciences and support services program takes about fifteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $31,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,170*
- 46% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $14,100**
- More than 40 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the computer and information sciences and support services program is about 15 months
Pharmacy Technician (35 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program offered commonly takes about seven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 47%**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $7,100 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 90 students completed this program
- The pharmacy technician program takes about 7 months to complete
Get more information about pharmacy technician and find other schools listed by going to our pharmacy technician training page.
Medical Insurance Specialist (39 Hours)
The medical insurance specialist program offered commonly takes about six months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000*
- 43% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $8,300**
- Around 70 students completed the medical insurance specialist program last year
- The length of the medical insurance specialist program is about 6 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $14,700 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (610) 398-5315. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,813|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,207|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 17%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Technical Institute - Allentown.
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Northeast Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (45 miles away)
- CHI Institute - Broomall in Broomall, PA (45 miles away)
- DPT Business School in Philadelphia, PA (45 miles away)
- Prism Career Institute - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (46 miles away)
- Anthem Institute - Springfield in Springfield, PA (47 miles away)