Lincoln Technical Institute - Allentown (Lincoln Tech)
5151 Tilghman St, Allentown, PA
- FAFSA School Code: 007759
- Phone: (610) 398-5300
- School Homepage
- Phone: (610) 398-5301
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (610) 398-5315
- Financial Aid Page
Lincoln Group of Schools is a system of campuses that provide various career oriented educations. The schools that comprise the system are owned and operated by the Lincoln Educational Services Corporation. Over 40 locations can be found throughout the United States.
The schools that comprise the system are:
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Lincoln College of Technology
- Lincoln College of New England
- Lincoln Culinary Institute
- Florida Medical Training Institute
- Euphoria Institute of Beauty Arts and Sciences
The first Lincoln Technical Institute was opened in 1946 in Newark, New Jersey. A single program in air conditioning and refrigeration was offered. Within two years the school expanded to automotive technology, resulting in rapid growth for the school and its eventual sale. The purchase of Lincoln Technical Institute brought it together with other campuses in various states, establishing a system which would grow into nearly fifteen schools by 1996. A second sale of the school to a new owner resulted in further and faster expansion into various programs and locations, and eventually a public stock offering.
Lincoln Group of Schools offers a variety of programs for the purposes of skill development and training in high demand fields. The schools mostly cater to individuals lacking a high school education or are seeking a rapid career change into a skill dependent field. Programs are taught by industry veterans that provide practical education opportunities to ensure students are prepared for entry into the workforce.
Programs offered include:
- Dental Assisting
- Automotive Technician
- Culinary Arts
Program availability is based on location. Intere4sted students should visit the Lincoln Group of Schools website to determine which location best suits their interests.
The Allentown branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 5151 Tilghman St. This campus has a graduating class size which is approximately 580 students per year. This campus provides services for students in the form of career pathway assistance for students in need of help, flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours, and job placement options for students after graduation. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolntech.com.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Lincoln Technical Institute - Allentown. Please note that the list may differ from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
The medical assistant programs listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
46 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000 per year*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
73 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $28,000 per year*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Electrical Equipment Installation and Repair (76 Hours)
Electrical equipment installation and repair program takes ,as reported, fifteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $32,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,170*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 69%**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $14,000 in student loans**
- Based on published reports, around 30 students completed the electrical equipment installation and repair program last year
- The electrical equipment installation and repair program takes about 15 months to complete
Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants (1,500 Hours)
The practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $29,000*
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Pharmacy Technician (35 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program offered commonly takes about seven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 47%**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $7,100 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 90 students completed this program
- The pharmacy technician program takes about 7 months to complete
Get more information about pharmacy technician and find other schools listed by going to our pharmacy technician training page.
Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services (81 Hours)
The computer and information sciences and support services program takes about sixteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $32,000*
- 46% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $14,100**
- More than 40 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the computer and information sciences and support services program is about 16 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $14,700 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (610) 398-5315. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,813|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,207|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 17%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Technical Institute - Allentown.
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Northeast Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (45 miles away)
- CHI Institute - Broomall in Broomall, PA (45 miles away)
- DPT Business School in Philadelphia, PA (45 miles away)
- Prism Career Institute - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (46 miles away)
- Anthem Institute - Springfield in Springfield, PA (47 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.