Lincoln Group of Schools is a system of campuses that provide various career oriented educations. The schools that comprise the system are owned and operated by the Lincoln Educational Services Corporation. Over 40 locations can be found throughout the United States.
The schools that comprise the system are:
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Lincoln College of Technology
- Lincoln College of New England
- Lincoln Culinary Institute
- Florida Medical Training Institute
- Euphoria Institute of Beauty Arts and Sciences
The first Lincoln Technical Institute was opened in 1946 in Newark, New Jersey. A single program in air conditioning and refrigeration was offered. Within two years the school expanded to automotive technology, resulting in rapid growth for the school and its eventual sale. The purchase of Lincoln Technical Institute brought it together with other campuses in various states, establishing a system which would grow into nearly fifteen schools by 1996. A second sale of the school to a new owner resulted in further and faster expansion into various programs and locations, and eventually a public stock offering.
Lincoln Group of Schools offers a variety of programs for the purposes of skill development and training in high demand fields. The schools mostly cater to individuals lacking a high school education or are seeking a rapid career change into a skill dependent field. Programs are taught by industry veterans that provide practical education opportunities to ensure students are prepared for entry into the workforce.
Programs offered include:
- Dental Assisting
- Automotive Technician
- Culinary Arts
Program availability is based on location. Intere4sted students should visit the Lincoln Group of Schools website to determine which location best suits their interests.
The Allentown branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 5151 Tilghman St. This campus has a graduating class size which is approximately 390 students per year. This campus provides services for students in the form of remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation, career pathway assistance for students in need of help, and job placement options for students after graduation. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolnedu.com.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Lincoln Technical Institute – Allentown. Please note that the list may differ from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
The medical assistant programs listed below are sorted by the number of credit hours offered.
46 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000 per year*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
73 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $28,000 per year*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Electrical Equipment Installation and Repair (76 Hours)
The electrical equipment installation and repair program offered commonly takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $32,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,170*
- 27% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- On average, $10,500 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- More than 20 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the electrical equipment installation and repair program is about 15 months
Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants (1,500 Hours)
Practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program takes ,as reported, twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $29,000*
- Students usually complete the practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program in 12 months
Pharmacy Technician (35 Hours)
Pharmacy technician program takes ,as reported, seven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $14,000*
- More than 40 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students usually complete the pharmacy technician program in 7 months
Find out more and view other schools listed by checking out our pharmacy technician training page.
Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services (81 Hours)
Computer and information sciences and support services program takes ,as reported, sixteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $32,000*
- Around 30 students completed the computer and information sciences and support services program last year
- Students usually complete the computer and information sciences and support services program in 16 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $14,700 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (610) 398-5315. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,813|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,207|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 26%.
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Technical Institute – Allentown.
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Northeast Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (45 miles away)
- CHI Institute - Broomall in Broomall, PA (45 miles away)
- Prism Career Institute - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (46 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Center City Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (48 miles away)
- Kaplan Career Institute in Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (48 miles away)