Lincoln Technical Institute - New Britain
200 John Downey Dr, New Britain, CT
- FAFSA School Code: 007303
- Phone: (860) 225-8641
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Fortis College, as well as Fortis Institute, is a system of schools owned and operated by Education Affiliates, Inc. to provide a variety of career education programs for potential students. Originally known as Bohecker College, the school has expanded to more than forty campuses in fourteen states, having unified under the Fortis umbrella. Fortis also offers access to programs through its online arm.
Fortis schools provide up to date facilities and career assistance services to ensure that students are prepared and motivated for their entry into the work force. Once a student chooses a program, he or she will be given instruction by qualified and experienced professionals who provide a practical training atmosphere to ensure students are acclimated to the nature of their work. Small class sizes also ensure easy access to teachers and a more personalized education.
Programs offered include:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Business Administration
- Computer Networking Technology
New Britain Location
The New Britain branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 200 John Downey Dr. About a thousand students have graduated from this location over the past few years. This location provides services for students in the form of job placement opportunities for students after graduation, career counseling for students in need of help, and flexible scheduling for individuals who cannot make regular hours. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolnedu.com.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Lincoln Technical Institute - New Britain. The list may differ from current programs, for a complete list of what is being offered students may visit the school's website.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (63 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered usually takes about thirteen months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $33,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,280*
- 47% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $19,600**
- Around 100 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
Medical Assistant (55 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $18,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,290*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 38% for former students**
- $8,400 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Last year, more than 200 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 11 months
Learn more about medical assistant programs by visiting our medical assistant schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Electrician (60 Hours)
The electrician program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $24,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $830*
- 50% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $12,500 in student loans**
- More than 80 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Find out more electrician programs by visiting our electrician training profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Refrigeration Technology (58 Hours)
The refrigeration technology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $24,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $930*
- 49% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- On average, $9,800 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 80 students completed the refrigeration technology program last year
- The length of the refrigeration technology program is about 12 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,700. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$4,750|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$7,706|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 15%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Technical Institute - New Britain.
- Industrial Management Training Institute in Waterbury, CT (16 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Hamden in Hamden, CT (21 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Shelton in Shelton, CT (33 miles away)
- Salter College - Chicopee in Chicopee, MA (37 miles away)
- Branford Hall Career Institute - Bohemia Campus in Bohemia, NY (63 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.