Lincoln Technical Institute - New Britain
200 John Downey Dr, New Britain, CT
- FAFSA School Code: 007303
- Phone: (860) 225-8641
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Lincoln Group of Schools is a system of campuses that provide various career oriented educations. The schools that comprise the system are owned and operated by the Lincoln Educational Services Corporation. Over 40 locations can be found throughout the United States.
The schools that comprise the system are:
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Lincoln College of Technology
- Lincoln College of New England
- Lincoln Culinary Institute
- Florida Medical Training Institute
- Euphoria Institute of Beauty Arts and Sciences
The first Lincoln Technical Institute was opened in 1946 in Newark, New Jersey. A single program in air conditioning and refrigeration was offered. Within two years the school expanded to automotive technology, resulting in rapid growth for the school and its eventual sale. The purchase of Lincoln Technical Institute brought it together with other campuses in various states, establishing a system which would grow into nearly fifteen schools by 1996. A second sale of the school to a new owner resulted in further and faster expansion into various programs and locations, and eventually a public stock offering.
Lincoln Group of Schools offers a variety of programs for the purposes of skill development and training in high demand fields. The schools mostly cater to individuals lacking a high school education or are seeking a rapid career change into a skill dependent field. Programs are taught by industry veterans that provide practical education opportunities to ensure students are prepared for entry into the workforce.
Programs offered include:
- Dental Assisting
- Automotive Technician
- Culinary Arts
Program availability is based on location. Intere4sted students should visit the Lincoln Group of Schools website to determine which location best suits their interests.
New Britain Location
The New Britain branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 200 John Downey Dr. About a thousand students have graduated from this location over the past few years. This location provides services for students in the form of job placement opportunities for students after graduation, career counseling for students in need of help, and flexible scheduling for individuals who cannot make regular hours. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolnedu.com.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Lincoln Technical Institute - New Britain. The list may differ from current programs, for a complete list of what is being offered students may visit the school's website.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (63 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered usually takes about thirteen months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $33,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,280*
- 47% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $19,600**
- Around 100 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
Medical Assistant (55 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $18,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,290*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 38% for former students**
- $8,400 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Last year, more than 200 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 11 months
Learn more about medical assistant programs by visiting our medical assistant schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Electrician (60 Hours)
The electrician program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $24,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $830*
- 50% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $12,500 in student loans**
- More than 80 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Find out more electrician programs by visiting our electrician training profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Refrigeration Technology (58 Hours)
The refrigeration technology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $24,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $930*
- 49% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- On average, $9,800 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 80 students completed the refrigeration technology program last year
- The length of the refrigeration technology program is about 12 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,700. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$4,750|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$7,706|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 15%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Technical Institute - New Britain.
- Industrial Management Training Institute in Waterbury, CT (16 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Hamden in Hamden, CT (21 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Shelton in Shelton, CT (33 miles away)
- Salter College - Chicopee in Chicopee, MA (37 miles away)
- Branford Hall Career Institute - Bohemia Campus in Bohemia, NY (63 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.