Lincoln Group of Schools is a system of campuses that provide various career oriented educations. The schools that comprise the system are owned and operated by the Lincoln Educational Services Corporation. Over 40 locations can be found throughout the United States.
The schools that comprise the system are:
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Lincoln College of Technology
- Lincoln College of New England
- Lincoln Culinary Institute
- Florida Medical Training Institute
- Euphoria Institute of Beauty Arts and Sciences
The first Lincoln Technical Institute was opened in 1946 in Newark, New Jersey. A single program in air conditioning and refrigeration was offered. Within two years the school expanded to automotive technology, resulting in rapid growth for the school and its eventual sale. The purchase of Lincoln Technical Institute brought it together with other campuses in various states, establishing a system which would grow into nearly fifteen schools by 1996. A second sale of the school to a new owner resulted in further and faster expansion into various programs and locations, and eventually a public stock offering.
Lincoln Group of Schools offers a variety of programs for the purposes of skill development and training in high demand fields. The schools mostly cater to individuals lacking a high school education or are seeking a rapid career change into a skill dependent field. Programs are taught by industry veterans that provide practical education opportunities to ensure students are prepared for entry into the workforce.
Programs offered include:
- Dental Assisting
- Automotive Technician
- Culinary Arts
Program availability is based on location. Intere4sted students should visit the Lincoln Group of Schools website to determine which location best suits their interests.
The Somerville branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 5 Middlesex Ave. This campus has graduated close to a thousand students over the past few years. This campus provides services for students in the form of remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements, career guidance to help students define their goals, and post-graduation job placement opportunities. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolnedu.com.
Lincoln Technical Institute – Somerville have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (617) 776-3500 x43800 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Medical Assistant (56 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes approximately ten months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,000*
- 26% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $8,300**
- Around 100 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- The length of the medical assistant program is about 10 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our medical assistant schools profile page.
Pharmacy Technician (35 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $14,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $610*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 27%**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $7,100**
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the pharmacy technician program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 7 months
Learn more about pharmacy technician programs by taking a look at our pharmacy technician training profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Medical Office Assistant (41 Hours)
Medical office assistant program takes approximately ten months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,330*
- Around 20 students completed the medical office assistant program last year
- Students usually complete the medical office assistant program in 10 months
Law and Justice Administration (60 Hours)
The law and justice administration program offered most often takes about nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $13,000*
- Required supplies and books: $2,000*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 22% for former students**
- On average, $7,200 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 40 students completed the law and justice administration program last year
- Students usually complete the law and justice administration program in 9 months
Learn more about law and justice administration programs by taking a look at our law and justice administration degree profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Information Technology (49 Hours)
The information technology program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $18,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,640*
- On average, $9,600 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Students usually complete the information technology program in 11 months
More details and school listings are available through our information technology degree information page.
Massage Therapy (35 Hours)
The massage therapy program offered most often takes about nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $14,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $690*
- 34% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $7,200 in student loans**
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the massage therapy program is about 9 months
More details and school listings are available through our massage therapy schools profile page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $10,800 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (617) 776-3500. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$4,753|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$7,545|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 25%.
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Technical Institute – Somerville.
- The Salter School - Malden Campus in Malden, MA (3 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Lowell in Lowell, MA (20 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Brockton in Brockton, MA (20 miles away)
- Salter College - West Boylston in West Boylston, MA (36 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Lincoln in Lincoln, RI (37 miles away)