Lincoln Technical Institute - Somerville
5 Middlesex Ave, Somerville, MA
- FAFSA School Code: 031963
- Phone: (617) 776-3500
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Lincoln Group of Schools is a system of campuses that provide various career oriented educations. The schools that comprise the system are owned and operated by the Lincoln Educational Services Corporation. Over 40 locations can be found throughout the United States.
The schools that comprise the system are:
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Lincoln College of Technology
- Lincoln College of New England
- Lincoln Culinary Institute
- Florida Medical Training Institute
- Euphoria Institute of Beauty Arts and Sciences
The first Lincoln Technical Institute was opened in 1946 in Newark, New Jersey. A single program in air conditioning and refrigeration was offered. Within two years the school expanded to automotive technology, resulting in rapid growth for the school and its eventual sale. The purchase of Lincoln Technical Institute brought it together with other campuses in various states, establishing a system which would grow into nearly fifteen schools by 1996. A second sale of the school to a new owner resulted in further and faster expansion into various programs and locations, and eventually a public stock offering.
Lincoln Group of Schools offers a variety of programs for the purposes of skill development and training in high demand fields. The schools mostly cater to individuals lacking a high school education or are seeking a rapid career change into a skill dependent field. Programs are taught by industry veterans that provide practical education opportunities to ensure students are prepared for entry into the workforce.
Programs offered include:
- Dental Assisting
- Automotive Technician
- Culinary Arts
Program availability is based on location. Intere4sted students should visit the Lincoln Group of Schools website to determine which location best suits their interests.
The Somerville branch of Lincoln Educational Services is located at 5 Middlesex Ave. This campus has graduated close to a thousand students over the past few years. This campus provides services for students in the form of post-graduation job placement opportunities, career guidance to help students define their goals, and flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting lincolntech.com.
Lincoln Technical Institute - Somerville have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (617) 776-3500 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Medical Assistant (56 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,000*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 27%**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $9,900**
- Last year, more than 200 students completed this program
- The medical assistant program takes about 10 months to complete
Learn more about medical assistant programs by taking a look at our medical assistant schools profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Pharmacy Technician (35 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $610*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 44%**
- $8,200 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Students complete this program in usually 7 months
Get more information about pharmacy technician and see other schools listed by going to our pharmacy technician training profile page.
Medical Office Assistant (41 Hours)
Medical office assistant program takes approximately ten months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,330*
- The length of the medical office assistant program is about 10 months
Law and Justice Administration (60 Hours)
Law and justice administration program takes approximately nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $13,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,000*
- $7,100 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Last year, more than 90 students completed this program
- The length of the law and justice administration program is about 9 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our law and justice administration degree page.
Information Technology (49 Hours)
The information technology program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $1,640*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $10,900 in student loans**
- More than 60 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students complete this program in usually 11 months
Visit our information technology degree profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Massage Therapy (35 Hours)
Massage therapy program takes approximately nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $690*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 32%**
- The massage therapy program takes about 9 months to complete
Find out more and discover other schools listed by checking out our massage therapy schools information page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $10,800 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students wishing to apply to Lincoln Technical Institute - Somerville must pay an application fee of $50. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$4,753|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$7,545|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 26%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Technical Institute - Somerville.
- The Salter School - Malden Campus in Malden, MA (3 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Lowell in Lowell, MA (20 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Brockton in Brockton, MA (20 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Lincoln in Lincoln, RI (37 miles away)
- Sawyer School in Pawtucket, RI (39 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.