Get more information about National Aviation Academy by clicking links below:
National Aviation Academy is a two-year private school, which provides career oriented education for its students in Clearwater and surrounding areas. In the previous year, over 290 students were awarded degrees with about 67% of students who start the program continue it to completion. National Aviation Academy offers several programs to choose from. Here are the more popular programs offered:
- Aircraft Mechanic
- Avionics Maintenance Technology
To support students and graduates, National Aviation Academy may provide services like:
- Weekend and night classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
This school has been accredited by the Council on Occupational Education since 1991. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see classes offered, tuition, and disclosures.
The following is a list of areas of study available at National Aviation Academy. Please note that the list can be different from programs currently being offered. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Get more information about the programs offered by National Aviation Academy by clicking the request information to the right.
The aircraft mechanic programs that are listed below are organized by the number of contact hours offered.
2,000 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $37,000 per year*
- Takes about 14 months to complete
3,000 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $54,000 per year*
- Takes about 21 months to complete
Avionics Maintenance Technology (1,000 Hours)
The avionics maintenance technology program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $17,000*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 76% for former students**
- $44,789 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $122.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Students usually complete the avionics maintenance technology program in 7 months
Airline Pilot and Flight Crew (2,828 Hours)
Airline pilot and flight crew program takes ,as reported, twenty-one months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $86,000*
- Students complete this program in usually 21 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,500. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (727) 531-2080 x20. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||71%||$5,511|
|Receiving Student Loans||90%||$11,756|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 11%.
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to National Aviation Academy.
- Aviation Institute of Maintenance - Orlando in Casselberry, FL (95 miles away)
- Aerosim Flight Academy in Sanford, FL (108 miles away)
- Aviator College of Aeronautical Science and Technology in Fort Pierce, FL (147 miles away)