South Coast College
2011 W. Chapman Avenue, Orange, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 022774
- Phone: (714) 867-5009
- School Homepage
South Coast College is a two year career college dedicated to providing a solid education for students in Orange and surrounding areas. Over the past several years South Coast College awarded degrees to more than 140 students with a graduation rate of around 41%. South Coast College has several great programs to choose from. Here are the programs with more popularity among students:
- Medical Assistant
- Court Reporting
- Legal Administrative Assistant
To help support students, South Coast College may provide support services like those listed below:
- Academic counseling for students
- Assisting students to find work
The last reported accreditation for this school was done by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. Please visit southcoastcollege.com for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The following is a list of programs offered at South Coast College. Acutal programs offered may be different than the list of programs below.. For a detailed list of programs available you can visit the school's website or call the school at (714) 867-5009.
Get more information about the programs offered by clicking the request information button to the right.
Court Reporting (4,452 Hours)
The court reporting program takes about thirty-six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $42,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,920*
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $1,300 in student loans**
- More than 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students usually complete the court reporting program in 36 months
Find out more and see other schools listed by checking out our court reporting schools profile page.
Medical Assistant (900 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes on average nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $580*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 53%**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $9,500**
- More than 40 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students complete this program in usually 9 months
Visit our medical assistant schools profile page to obtain more details and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Paralegal (1,344 Hours)
The paralegal program takes about eighteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $20,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $3,290*
- 25% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $14,800**
- More than 20 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Takes about 18 months to complete
More information and school listings are available through our paralegal programs page.
Legal Administrative Assistant (900 Hours)
The legal administrative assistant program offered on average takes about nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $10,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,170*
- The legal administrative assistant program takes about 9 months to complete
Medical Transcription (2,070 Hours)
The medical transcription program offered on average takes about twenty-four months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $21,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,170*
- Students usually complete the medical transcription program in 24 months
More details and school listings are available through our medical transcription training profile page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $16,000. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. A fee of $99 is required from all applicants. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$3,799|
|Receiving Student Loans||95%||$5,732|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 12%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to South Coast College.
- Bryan University in Los Angeles, CA (31 miles away)
- Sage College in Moreno Valley, CA (36 miles away)
- InterCoast Colleges - Burbank in Burbank, CA (37 miles away)
- Kaplan College - Panorama City in Panorama City, CA (44 miles away)
- San Joaquin Valley College - Temecula in Temecula, CA (45 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.