The Texas School of Business was founded in 1983 as a secretarial school, though immediately began expanding its offerings into more diverse areas. The school was purchased in 2004 by Kaplan Inc., a subsidiary of the Washington Post Company. The school provides career training opportunities to residents of Friendswood and Houston.
Individuals who pursue an education at Texas School of Business may choose from a small selection of career programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce in the field of healthcare, specifically programs in medical assistance, dental assistance, and medical billing and coding, as well as continuing education for nursing and Spanish for healthcare workers. Graduates will receive a diploma that demonstrates competency to potential employers.
The Houston branch of Texas School of Business is located at 6363 Richmond Ste 300. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting tsb.edu.
The following is a list of programs offered at Texas School of Business – Southwest Inc. Available programs may be different than those listed. For a comprehensive list of programs available please visit the school's website or call the school at (713) 975-7527.
Medical Assistant (51 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes usually nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $320*
- 23% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $9,100 in student loans**
- The length of the medical assistant program is about 9 months
Learn more about medical assistant programs by visiting our medical assistant schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Dental Assistant (50 Hours)
Dental assistant program takes usually nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $470*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 24%**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $9,200 in student loans**
- Students complete this program in usually 9 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our dental assistant schools information page.
Medical Insurance Coding (51 Hours)
Medical insurance coding program takes usually nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- Required supplies and books: $850*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $9,500 in student loans**
- Students usually complete the medical insurance coding program in 9 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $19,700 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$4,394|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$9,479|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 25%.