West Virginia Junior College - Morgantown
148 Willey St, Morgantown, WV
- FAFSA School Code: 005007
- Phone: (304) 296-8282
- School Homepage
West Virginia Junior College - Morgantown operates as a 2-year private career college dedicated to providing a solid education for students in Morgantown and surrounding areas. Students can pick from several areas of study, including:
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Health and Clinical Professions
- Legal Professions and Studies
- Business and Marketing Studies
Over the previous several years West Virginia Junior College - Morgantown awarded degrees to more than 140 students with around 59% of those who start the program continue it to completion. West Virginia Junior College Morgantown campus offers several programs to choose from. Here are the programs with more popularity among students:
- Information Technology
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Insurance Coding
- Business Administration
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services
To support students and graduates, West Virginia Junior College - Morgantown may offer student services like:
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools has accredited the instruction & training provided by West Virginia Junior College - Morgantown for over sixty straight years. To read more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit wvjcmorgantown.edu.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Learn more about programs available at West Virginia Junior College - Morgantown by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
- Medical Office Assistant (A)
- Medical Insurance Coding (A)
- Medical Administration (C)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A)
- Legal Administrative Assistant (C)
Business and Marketing Studies
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $15,900. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. A fee of $25 is required from all applicants. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $13,000 per year
- Required fees: $790
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$5,829|
|Receiving Student Loans||90%||$6,113|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 3%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to West Virginia Junior College - Morgantown.
- Pennsylvania Institute of Health and Technology in Mount Braddock, PA (27 miles away)
- West Virginia Junior College - Bridgeport in Bridgeport, WV (29 miles away)
- West Virginia Business College - Wheeling in Wheeling, WV (51 miles away)
- Education and Technology Institute in Greensburg, PA (53 miles away)
- Everest Institute - Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA (56 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.