Wyotech - Fremont
200 Whitney Place, Fremont, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 007190
- Phone: (800) 248-8585
- School Homepage
- Phone: (510) 490-6900
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (510) 580-3500
WyoTech is a system of career training institutions owned and operated Corinthian Colleges, Inc. with five locations in four states. Originally founded as Wyoming Technical Institute in 1966, the school has seen expansion and growth since its purchase, resulting in the addition of new programs and courses to strengthen the initial automotive study programs as well as add new areas of study. As a result, programs in plumbing, HVAC, diesel technology and more are available.
Upon completion of a program at WyoTech, students will earn a certificate that demonstrates competency and allows for the pursuit of employment as a qualified professional. Students will receive training and education from industry professionals who provide practical experience in preparation for work in the real world. Programs are short term, usually taking no more than sixteen months to complete, with most requiring less than a year.
Programs offered include:
- Auto Body
Wyotech - Fremont is located at 200 Whitney Place in the city of Fremont. About three thousand students have graduated from this campus in recent years. This campus provides services for students in the form of post-graduation job placement opportunities, career guidance to help students define their goals, and flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting wyotech.edu.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Wyotech - Fremont. It is important to note that the list may differ from programs currently being offered. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Auto Mechanic (90 Hours)
Auto mechanic program takes ,as reported, fifteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $30,000*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 44%**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $12,300 in student loans**
- Based on published reports, around 500 students completed the auto mechanic program last year
- The auto mechanic program takes about 15 months to complete
Find out more auto mechanic programs by visiting our auto mechanic schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Electrician (59 Hours)
Electrician program takes ,as reported, nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000*
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $13,800 in student loans**
- Around 300 students completed the electrician program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 9 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our electrician training information page.
The refrigeration technology programs listed below are sorted by the number of credit hours offered.
55 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $19,000 per year*
- Takes about 9 months to complete
91 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $19,000 per year*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair (72 Hours)
The motorcycle maintenance and repair program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000*
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $7,600 in student loans**
- Based on published reports, around 50 students completed the motorcycle maintenance and repair program last year
- Students usually complete the motorcycle maintenance and repair program in 12 months
Plumbing Technology (55 Hours)
Plumbing technology program takes ,as reported, nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $20,000*
- 36% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $12,700**
- More than 40 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the plumbing technology program is about 9 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $20,600 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (510) 580-3500, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Wyotech - Fremont. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||74%||$4,018|
|Receiving Student Loans||85%||$12,724|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 25%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wyotech - Fremont.
- Wyotech - West Sacramento in West Sacramento, CA (79 miles away)
- Universal Technical Institute of Northern California Inc in Sacramento, CA (84 miles away)