Wyotech - Long Beach
2161 Technology Place, Long Beach, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 012873
- Phone: (562) 624-9530
- School Homepage
- Phone: (562) 624-9530 x115
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (562) 624-9530 x102
WyoTech is a system of career training institutions owned and operated Corinthian Colleges, Inc. with five locations in four states. Originally founded as Wyoming Technical Institute in 1966, the school has seen expansion and growth since its purchase, resulting in the addition of new programs and courses to strengthen the initial automotive study programs as well as add new areas of study. As a result, programs in plumbing, HVAC, diesel technology and more are available.
Upon completion of a program at WyoTech, students will earn a certificate that demonstrates competency and allows for the pursuit of employment as a qualified professional. Students will receive training and education from industry professionals who provide practical experience in preparation for work in the real world. Programs are short term, usually taking no more than sixteen months to complete, with most requiring less than a year.
Programs offered include:
- Auto Body
Long Beach Location
The Long Beach branch of WyoTech is located at 2161 Technology Place. This campus has a graduating class size which is about a thousand students in a given year. This campus provides services for students in the form of flexible courses for those with irregular schedules, career pathway counseling to help students define their goals, and post-graduation job placement opportunities. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting wyotech.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Electrician (A, C)
- 34% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program*
- $13,600 is the average amount of student loans requested for this program**
- About 480 students were granted degrees last year
- Automotive Engineering (A, C)
- Medical Assistant (A, C)
- 24% repayment rate for students who completed this program*
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $10,400 in student loans**
- About 190 students were granted degrees last year
- Refrigeration Technology (A, C)
- 41% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program*
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $12,700**
- Last year the graduating class was around 180 students
- Plumbing Technology (A, C)
- 27% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $12,300 in student loans**
- Ninety students reported graduating last year
- Auto Mechanic (A)
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 36%*
- $14,800 is the average amount of student loans requested for this program**
- Last year the graduating class was around ten students
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $26,600. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (562) 624-9530 x102. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $18,000-$22,000 per year
- Required fees for full-time students: $530
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$4,906|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$12,438|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 27%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wyotech - Long Beach.
- Brownson Technical School in Anaheim, CA (18 miles away)
- Universal Technical Institute of California Inc in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (42 miles away)
- San Joaquin Valley College - Temecula in Temecula, CA (63 miles away)
- Career College of San Deigo in San Diego, CA (98 miles away)
- Advanced Training Associates in El Cajon, CA (98 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.