Get more information about Anoka Technical College by clicking links below:
Anoka Technical College, located in Anoka, Minnesota, is a public two year institution dedicated to providing career and technical training for its students. The school was founded in 1948 and is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. The school is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and School, Commission of Institutions of Higher Education. The school shares the same president as Anoka-Ramsey Community College to better serve the area of the twin cities.
Anoka Technical College offers a large number of programs in high demand fields. These programs provide career and technical training, educating students while assisting the in the development of skills necessary to perform successfully at work. Graduates of a given program will be qualified for immediate entry into the workforce. All programs are provided in accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, and are recognized as such. Diplomas, certificates, and associate degrees are available, with diploma and certificate programs typically taking less time than associate degrees due to a lack of general education courses in the curriculum.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
As a public two year technical college, ATC accepts students through an open admissions policy. Any student may apply and be admitted granted they meet certain age requirements. Students interested in enrolling must complete the application along with their chosen program and complete the placement exams to determine which courses must be taken. Financial aid is available for most programs, though programs that result in less than 16 credits are not. Students in need of aid may begin the application process through the financial aid office. Awards are typically determined based on need.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $15,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $5,000-$6,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $170-$200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||59%||$4,554|
|Receiving Student Loans||68%||$6,618|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Anoka Technical College may offer services to students like:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how Anoka Technical College compares against other community colleges in Anoka County and community colleges in Minnesota as a whole.
|Anoka Technical College||Anoka County||Minnesota|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1976)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1969)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Anoka Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Anoka Technical College.
- St Cloud Technical and Community College in Saint Cloud, MN (42 miles away)
- Riverland Community College in Austin, MN (110 miles away)
- Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical in Winona, MN (123 miles away)
- Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN (125 miles away)
- Northwest Iowa Community College in Sheldon, IA (185 miles away)