Austin Community College District (ACC)
5930 Middle Fiskville Rd, Austin, TX
- FAFSA School Code: 012015
- Phone: (512) 223-7000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (512) 223-7503
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (512) 223-7950
- Financial Aid Page
The Austin Community College (ACC) District is an accredited institution of higher learning that promotes student success and improves communities by providing affordable access to college and continuing education and workforce training in its eight-county service area.
The Austin Community College District provides:
- Vocational and technical programs of varying lengths leading to certificates or degrees.
- Freshman- and sophomore-level academic courses leading to an associate degree or serving as the base of a baccalaureate degree program at a four-year institution.
- Continuing adult education for academic, occupational, professional, and cultural enhancement.
- Special instructional programs and tutorial service to assist underprepared students and others who wish special assistance to achieve their educational goals.
- A continuing program of counseling and advising designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational and occupational goals.
- A program of technology, library, media, and testing services to support instruction.
- Contracted instructional programs and services for area employers that promote economic development.
The Austin Community College District opened in 1973 as a public institution of higher education, servicing the capital area of Texas. It maintains an open admissions policy and has programs for college transfer students, those already employed in the workforce, continuing education and adult education.
ACC follows the semester calendar (Fall, Spring, Summer). There are four fall sessions of varying lengths (16-week, 12-week and 8-week) between late August and early December. There are four spring sessions of varying lengths between mid-January and mid-May. There are four summer sessions that run between late May and early August.
ACC offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees that are designed to allow for transfer to the bachelors degree programs at most public colleges and universities. Completion of ACC's associates degrees guarantees completion of core curriculum and 42 semester credit hours toward the general education requirements in a bachelors degree program in Texas.
ACC also offers Certificates and Marketable Skills Awards (MSA) to students who complete the approved programs.
Colleges / Schools
Austin Community College has departments, rather than colleges or schools. It has eight campuses in the district offering a variety of day and evening classes and educational services.
- Cypress Creek Campus: 1555 Cypress Creek Rd.,
Cedar Park, TX 78613; (512) 223-2000
- Eastview Campus: 3401 Webberville Rd.,
Austin, TX 78702; (512) 223.5100
- Northridge Campus: 11928 Stonehollow Dr.,
Austin, TX 78758; (512) 223.4000
- Pinnacle Campus: 7748 Highway 290 W.,
Austin, TX 78736; (512) 223.8001
- Rio Grande Campus: 1212 Rio Grande,
Austin, TX 78701; (512) 223.3000
- Riverside Campus: 1020 Grove Blvd.,
Austin, TX 78741; (512) 223.6000
- Round Rock Campus: 4400 College Park Drive,
Round Rock, TX 78665; (512) 223.0000
- South Austin Campus: 1820 W. Stassney Lane,
Austin, TX 78745; (512) 223.9100
ACC offers evening courses at some high schools in the Austin area, and these are referred to as "Centers." ACC has more than 11 centers and more information about locations and course offerings may be obtained from the Executive Director of School Relations.
ACC provides many services to students including academic advisors and counselors, assessment and testing centers, a business assessment center, two workforce centers, a childcare center, cultural centers, international and study abroad programs, a student government association, and many student clubs and organizations.
Austin Community College District has eight full-service campuses in the Austin area, more than 11 centers, and numerous other locations.
ACC's eight campuses are:
- South Austin
- Rio Grande
- Cypress Creek
- Round Rock
There are no residence halls or approved housing available at Austin Community College. Housing is available in and around the city of Austin, and students are responsible for finding their own housing.
There is a community outreach program at Austin Community College, which collaborates with local churches and organizations to increase enrollment of a diverse student population.
The Austin Community College District's College Connection Program partners with participating high schools to support high school seniors in completing the college enrollment process. Participants will receive an acceptance letter to ACC at their high school graduation ceremony.
The ACC Youth Programs provide educational activities to elementary and middle school students to enhance their academic success. This program is particularly effective in underrepresented populations.
The ACC's P-16 Initiatives Department coordinates activities with local school districts to make sure public school students are well-prepared for college-level courses.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $1,900-$2,200
- Out-of-State: $9,200-$11,090
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $62-$74 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $310-$370 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||53%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||51%||$4,366|
|Receiving Student Loans||36%||$3,984|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 9%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Austin Community College District may offer services like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for ACC compared to community colleges located in Texas, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
Popular Transfer-Out Colleges & Universities
The following 4-year colleges and universities are popular choices for many students of Austin Community College District to transfer out to. You can click on the school profiles below to get additional admissions information:
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Austin Community College - Eastview Campus
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1984)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1977)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1985)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Texas
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1995)
Campus: Austin Community College District
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 2003)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1984)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Austin Community College District by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (A)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Commerce (A)
- Business Administration (A, C)
- Real Estate (A, C)
- Bookkeeping (A, C)
- Accounting (C)
- Hospitality Administration and Management (A, C)
- Administrative Assistant (A, C)
- Advertising and Marketing (A, C)
- Tourism and Travel Services Management (C)
- Banking and Financial Support (A)
- Data Entry Technology
- Fashion Merchandising
- International Business
- Animation (A, C)
- Radio And Television Broadcasting (C)
- Photographic and Film Technology (C)
- Prepress , Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design
- Graphic and Printing Equipment Operator Production
Communications and Journalism
- Radio and Television (A)
- Journalism (A)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Carpentry (A, C)
- Early Childhood Education (A)
- Secondary Education (A)
- Health Teacher Education (A)
- Middle School Education (A)
- Engineering (A)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (A, C)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A, C)
- Refrigeration Technology (A, C)
- Environmental Engineering Technology and Environmental Technology (C)
- Surveying Technology (A)
- Quality Control Technology
English Language and Literature
- Writing, General (A)
- Technical and Business Writing (A)
- Rhetoric and Composition (A)
- Creative Writing (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Development (A, C)
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Spanish Language and Literature (A)
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation (A, C)
- French Language and Literature (A)
- Japanese Language and Literature (A)
- German Language and Literature (A)
- Foreign Languages and Literatures (A)
- Russian Language and Literature
- Latin Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing (A)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Emergency Medical Technology (A, C)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (A)
- Pharmacy Technician (C)
- Radiologic Technology (A)
- Surgical Technologist (A, C)
- Ultrasound Technician (A, C)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) (A)
- Medical Insurance Coding (C)
- Dental Hygienist (A)
- Clinical Laboratory Technician (A)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Counseling (A, C)
- Therapeutic Recreation (A, C)
- Pre-Pharmacy Studies (A)
- Pre-Medicine, Pre-Medical Studies (A)
- Medical Records Technician
- Pre-Dentistry Studies
- Pre-Veterinary Studies
- History (A)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A, C)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- General Studies (A)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Auto Mechanic (A, C)
- Watchmaking and Jewelry-Making (A, C)
- Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair (C)
- Small Engine Mechanics and Repair Technology (C)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Culinary Arts (A, C)
Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Philosophy (A)
- Welding (A, C)
- Psychology (A)
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
- Sports Medicine (A, C)
- Biology Technician, Biotechnology Laboratory Technician (A, C)
Security and Protective Services
- Fire Science (C)
- Police Science (A, C)
- Fire Protection and Safety Technology (A)
- Corrections (A)
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Austin Community College District.