Get more information about Capital Community College by clicking links below:
Capital Community College was founded in 1967 and is located in the heart of Hartford, Connecticut. Being the only undergraduate institution that is public, the school aims to offer is students a range of programs that are career specific as well a wide ranging. The school was merged with the state technical college in 1992 which allows it to offer students an ever wider range of academic options. Capital Community College is accredited by The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and has an average enrolment of 4,500 students every year.
Being one of the most ethnically diverse campuses in the state, Capital Community College is proud to work towards assisting its students obtain a traditional degree in their field of choice, or focus on a program that will allow them to transfer to a regular four year college. For professional minded students, there are also vocational programs. The school is proud to host the largest registered nursed degree program in the state, in which students may pursue an associate’s degree in nursing.
There are a range of student services such as the occupation specific programs and the academic advising team so you can get the most out of your time in at Capital Community College. The campus also offers online courses for those already in the workforce who are interested in expanding their educational portfolio. In keeping with the ideals of the school to provide a quality learning experience affordably, in-state tuition is $4,000 yearly, and out of state tuition is only $11,000 yearly.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,600-$4,300
- Out-of-State: $11,000-$12,960
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $150-$180 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $450-$540 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$5,134|
|Receiving Student Loans||2%||$3,200|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Capital Community College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often times offer both career training courses and curriculum to help students transfer out to a 4-year college or university, that is why we include how this school compares for both graduation and transfer rates against other community colleges in Hartford County and community colleges in Connecticut in total.
|Capital Community College||Hartford County||Connecticut|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1980)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Connecticut
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1994)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Capital Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Capital Community College.
- Manchester Community College in Manchester, CT (5 miles away)
- Tunxis Community College in Farmington, CT (8 miles away)
- Middlesex Community College in Middletown, CT (16 miles away)
- Asnuntuck Community College in Enfield, CT (17 miles away)
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College in Winsted, CT (23 miles away)