Central Alabama Community College
1675 Cherokee Rd, Alexander City, AL
- FAFSA School Code: 001007
- Phone: (256) 234-6346
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Central Alabama Community College, located in Alexander City, Alabama, was founded in 1989 and is a public two year institution dedicated providing post secondary education opportunities for residents within its service region. The School is result of several mergers of colleges that were founded through the state's 1963 Act. Number 93 that allowed for the forming multiple community colleges over the next few years. The school serves over 200 students annually through programs, classes and services that are designed to meet the needs of the modern student.
Students at Central Alabama Community College are able to choose from a variety of programs aimed at meeting community needs either through career training or academic transfer. Career training programs provide an education I a high demand field, allowing students to develop the skills and abilities necessary to perform actions and duties as needed by the chosen profession. Programs take between one and two years to complete and result in a degree or certificate upon completion. Academic transfer programs provide a specific curriculum that allows students to eventually pursue a bachelor's degree at a four year institution through transfer of credits.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Any student who meets the minimum requirements for admission may enroll at CACC through the completion and submission of an application and payment of fees. Students should supply all transcripts, pay all fees, meet with a counselor and take a placement exam prior to registration. Financial aid is available in the form of loans, grants and scholarships and awarded based on need. Applicants must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered.
Get an idea of how Central Alabama Community College ranks among other community colleges in Alabama by looking at the transfer-out rates of students to other colleges and universities.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $3,200. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,700-$3,200
- Out-of-State: $5,400-$6,480
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $90-$110 per unit
- Out-of-State: $180-$220 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$4,208|
|Receiving Student Loans||28%||$5,629|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 23%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Central Alabama Community College may provide services including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges located in Alabama, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Central Alabama Community College||Tallapoosa County||Alabama|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1997)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Alabama
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Central Alabama Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A)
- Administrative Assistant (A)
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services (C)
- Business and Personal Financial Services Marketing Operations
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (A, C)
- Manufacturing Technology (A, C)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (A)
- Environmental Control Technologies
- Water Quality Abd Wastewater Treatment Management and Recycling Technician
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
- Interdisciplinary Studies (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
- Cosmetology (C)
- Welding (C)
- Machine Shop Technology (C)
- Precision Metal Working (C)
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (C)
- Fire Services Administration
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Central Alabama Community College.
- Southern Union State Community College in Wadley, AL (26 miles away)
- Trenholm State Technical College in Montgomery, AL (46 miles away)
- Chattahoochee Valley Community College in Phenix City, AL (63 miles away)
- Lawson State Community College - Birmingham Campus in Birmingham, AL (65 miles away)
- Jefferson State Community College in Birmingham, AL (67 miles away)