Central Lakes College - Brainerd (CLC)
501 West College Drive, Brainerd, MN
- FAFSA School Code: 002339
- Phone: (218) 855-8000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (218) 855-8037
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (218) 855-8025
- Financial Aid Page
Request more information about programs at Central Lakes College - Brainerd by clicking on the links below:
Central Lakes College – Brainerd (CLC) is the Brainerd branch of Minnesota based public institution Central Lakes College, with the other being located in Staples. Central Lakes College is technically a Liberal Arts school, but it offers a wide variety of programs for its students. CLC offers traditional associate’s degrees as well as career technical programs and non-degree courses. CLC is designed as a two year college, with students also able to earn certificates in less than four years.
For those interested in jump starting their college career, CLC is an attractive choice. In 2012, tuition was listed at $4,589 with 4,447 students attending on open enrollment. After obtaining an associate’s, most students are able to successfully transfer into a college in the Minnesota public school system.
Brainerd is a small town of 13,000, and most of the town's facilities and public activities revolve around the college. It’s a very favorable environment for those looking to go to a small college town where they can focus on their academics without getting caught up in the distractions of a big city.
CLC also offers a rather accommodating program for international students, which provides them with support helping them integrate into campus life. International students provide diversity in CLC that most schools aren't able to maintain.
If you are looking for a two year college with a variety of program options to start your college career, CLC is a great choice. It’s affordable, has diversity and doesn't have many outside distractions.
Find out which are some of the better community colleges in Minnesota based on transfer rates, listings information also includes tuition, fees and enrollment data..
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $20 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $4,800-$5,700 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $160 to $190 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||69%||$4,475|
|Receiving Student Loans||60%||$5,106|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 9%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Central Lakes College - Brainerd may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares CLC against community colleges in Minnesota.
|CLC||Crow Wing County||Minnesota|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1964)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Central Lakes College - Brainerd by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Farm and Ranch Management (C)
- Horticulture (A)
- Landscaping and Groundskeeping (C)
- Floriculture, Floristry Operations and Management (C)
- Greenhouse Operations and Management (C)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A)
- Accounting (A, C)
- Bookkeeping (C)
- Hospitality Administration and Management (C)
- Entrepreneurial Studies (C)
- Photographic and Film Technology (A, C)
Communications and Journalism
- Digital Communication and Media (C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- System Administration (A)
- Computer Support Specialist (C)
- Computer Systems Analysis (C)
- Automation Engineer Technician (A, C)
- Mechanical Drafting and Mechanical Drafting cad (A, C)
- Computer Systems Technology (A)
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
- Deaf Studies (C)
- Latin American Studies (C)
- Womens Studies (C)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Development (A)
- Child Care Provider (C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Nursing (A)
- Dental Assistant (A, C)
- Medical Assistant (C)
- Medical Office Assistant (C)
- Medical Administration (A)
- Emergency Care Attendant (C)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
- Environmental and Wildlife Management (A)
- Natural Resources Law Enforcement and Protective Services (A)
- Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism (C)
- Environmental Studies (C)
- Welding (A, C)
- Machine Tool Technology (A, C)
Security and Protective Services
- Criminal Justice (A, C)
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science (A)
Transportation and Materials Moving
- Construction, Heavy Equipment Operation (C)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Commercial and Advertising Art (A, C)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Central Lakes College - Brainerd.
- Alexandria Technical & Community College in Alexandria, MN (64 miles away)
- Itasca Community College in Grand Rapids, MN (68 miles away)
- Leech Lake Tribal College in Cass Lake, MN (75 miles away)
- Northwest Technical College in Bemidji, MN (82 miles away)
- Anoka Technical College in Anoka, MN (85 miles away)