Cloud County Community College
2221 Campus Dr, Concordia, KS
- FAFSA School Code: 001909
- Phone: (785) 243-1435
- School Homepage
Cloud County Community College, located in Concordia, Kansas, was founded in 1965. The school was located at a temporary campus for three years, followed by moving to its permanent location. In 1997 the school added a second campus in junction city to expand its service area and provide a wider variety of services and programs to residents. Cloud County Community College offers student housing opportunities, which is rare among two year institutions.
Cloud County Community College offers a variety programs that allow for academic transfer or career training. Academic transfer programs allow for the completion of the freshman and sophomore years of a four year education followed by transfer to a four year institution to complete a bachelor's degree. Career training programs provide an opportunity to develop the skills necessary to enter the workforce as a professional. Such programs take between one and two years to complete, and result in a certificate or associate degree.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
As an open enrollment institution, students who meet the minimum requirements for admissions will be admitted upon completion of the admissions process. Though not required for admissions, students are encouraged to take the ACT exam, with those who score a 26 or higher eligible for the ACT scholarship. Students must also supply their transcripts prior to enrollment.
Financial aid is available in the form of loans and grants. Students in need of financial assistance must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which will be used to determine need, eligibility and awards. Students may be required to provide additional financial information prior to the disbursement of funds to ensure the accuracy of the information on the FAFSA.
Get a full list of community colleges in Kansas and see how well Cloud County Community College compares among other community colleges by visiting our community colleges in Kansas listings page.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,500. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,100-$2,600
- Out-of-State: $4,000-$4,788
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $90-$110 per unit
- Out-of-State: $150-$180 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||76%||$3,933|
|Receiving Student Loans||48%||$4,099|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 12%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Cloud County Community College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges located in Kansas, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Cloud County Community College||Cloud County||Kansas|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1980)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Kansas
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Cloud County Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Horse Husbandry, Equine Science and Management (A)
- Agricultural Supplies, Retailing and Wholesaling (A)
- Agricultural Production Operations
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
- Journalism (A)
Computer and Information Sciences
- System, Networking, and Lan or Wan Management
- Web Design
- Teacher Assistant
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies (A, C)
- Biology Technician, Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (A)
- Security and Loss Prevention Services
Visual and Performing Arts
- Graphic Design (A)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Cloud County Community College.
- Highland Community College in Highland, KS (129 miles away)
- Pratt Community College in Pratt, KS (143 miles away)
- Metropolitan Community College - Blue River in Independence, MO (180 miles away)
- Colby Community College in Colby, KS (181 miles away)
- Fort Scott Community College in Fort Scott, KS (199 miles away)