Get more information about Colby Community College by clicking links below:
Colby Community College, located in Colby, Kansas, is a small public community college with an enrollment of 1,505 students. Students at Colby never have to feel like “just a number”; they can get a higher education in a personalized, intimate environment. Colby offers associate degrees in many fields for students planning to transfer to baccalaureate institutions for higher degrees. The school also has an array of certification programs for those who want to move directly into the workplace. And for the adult learner seeking an ongoing education, Colby has adult education schedules to fit the more complicated adult lifestyle.
College students spend plenty of time in the classroom and library studying and preparing for their future lives. But Colby’s mission is to help them develop as well-rounded individuals, academically and personally. For this reason, the college offers a variety of clubs and activities ranging in focus from religious and special interest to educational/departmental. There’s something for every taste!
Although CCC is a desirable post-secondary choice for many reasons, the tuition rate will make you happy. Colby tuition is thousands and thousands of dollars below the U.S. college and university average tuition rate. And check out the financial aid office for information on grants, loans, scholarships, work study, and Thomas County tuition grants. Start your future at Colby!
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,700. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,300
- Out-of-State: $3,600-$4,356
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $65-$78 per unit
- Out-of-State: $120-$150 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$4,181|
|Receiving Student Loans||39%||$4,170|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 6%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Colby Community College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1975)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1992)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Kansas
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Colby Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Colby Community College.
- Mid - Plains Community College in North Platte, NE (119 miles away)
- Lamar Community College in Lamar, CO (124 miles away)
- Morgan Community College in Fort Morgan, CO (156 miles away)
- Otero Junior College in La Junta, CO (166 miles away)
- Pratt Community College in Pratt, KS (174 miles away)