Colby Community College (CCC)
1255 S Range, Colby, KS
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 001911
- Phone: (785) 462-3984
- School Homepage
- Phone: (785) 460-4690
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (785) 460-4695
Request more information about programs at Colby Community College by clicking on the links below:
Colby Community College, located in Colby, Kansas, is a small public community college with an enrollment of 1,505 students. Students at Colby never have to feel like “just a number”; they can get a higher education in a personalized, intimate environment. Colby offers associate degrees in many fields for students planning to transfer to baccalaureate institutions for higher degrees. The school also has an array of certification programs for those who want to move directly into the workplace. And for the adult learner seeking an ongoing education, Colby has adult education schedules to fit the more complicated adult lifestyle.
College students spend plenty of time in the classroom and library studying and preparing for their future lives. But Colby’s mission is to help them develop as well-rounded individuals, academically and personally. For this reason, the college offers a variety of clubs and activities ranging in focus from religious and special interest to educational/departmental. There’s something for every taste!
Although CCC is a desirable post-secondary choice for many reasons, the tuition rate will make you happy. Colby tuition is thousands and thousands of dollars below the U.S. college and university average tuition rate. And check out the financial aid office for information on grants, loans, scholarships, work study, and Thomas County tuition grants. Start your future at Colby!
Since you are considering going to a community college, you should also check out our list of all the community colleges in Kansas and match the school that's right for you!
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,700. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $1,800-$2,200
- Out-of-State: $3,500-$4,186
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $95-$110 per unit
- Out-of-State: $150-$180 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$4,181|
|Receiving Student Loans||39%||$4,170|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 5%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Colby Community College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1975)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1992)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Kansas
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Colby Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Agricultural Business (A)
- Horse Husbandry, Equine Science and Management (A)
- Farm and Ranch Management (A, C)
- Livestock Management (C)
- Animal Husbandry and Production (C)
- Agronomy and Crop Science (A)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A, C)
- Hospitality Administration and Management (C)
- Retailing and Retail Operations (C)
- Administrative Assistant (A)
- Food Services Management
- Accounting and Business and Management
Communications and Journalism
- Radio and Television (A, C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (A)
- Information Technology (C)
- Computer Software and Media Applications
- System, Networking, and Lan or Wan Management
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care (A)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing Assistant (C)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Nursing (A)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (A)
- Veterinary Assistant (A)
- Dental Hygienist (A)
- Massage Therapy (C)
- Medical Office Assistant (C)
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
- Emergency Care Attendant
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Counseling
- Home Health Aide
- Medication Aide
- Rehabilitation Aide
- Health Aides, Attendants, Orderlies
- Dietitian Assistant
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (A)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Colby Community College.