9200 Valley View, Cypress, CA
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 001193
- Phone: (714) 484-7000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (714) 484-7346
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (714) 484-7114
Virtual Tour of Campus
Request more information about programs at Cypress College by clicking on the links below:
Cypress College has a lot going in its favor. Tuition is very affordable and is easily accessible. The college offers 58 bachelor's degree programs which are equal to the first two years at Cal State and most private universities in the United States. Cypress College offers 141 certificate programs that can be finished in a single semester or a year. In-state tuition cost $46 per unit.
The college is located in Southern California and is near beaches and is close to major freeways such as 5, 91, and 405. It is only 12 miles from the beach and is near Los Angeles and Long Beach.
An Associate’s degree has shown to help students earn more over a lifetime. The cost of attendance is low. Flexible classes are available which allow individuals to study online, during the day or on the weekend. No matter, your schedule, Cypress College will help you to find time to earn your degree and unlock your potential.
The school offers many services. One outstanding option is the disabled students program that helps students obtain the education they need to be successful and live a fulfilling life. These students can use the school’s high tech computer lab, receive priority registration, provided academic, vocational and personal counseling, as well as help finding programs and resources.
Transfer programs at Cypress College allow students to complete their first two years of study towards a bachelor’s degree. Options are available in Art, Asian Studies, Aviation Administration, Business Administration, Business Education, Communications/Journalism, Computer Science, Dental Hygiene, Economics, Engineering, Ethnic Studies, English, Foreign Language, General Education, Geography, Forestry, and History.
Get an idea of how Cypress College ranks among other community colleges in California by looking at the transfer-out rates of students to other colleges and universities.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $1,100-$1,300
- Out-of-State: $6,000-$7,142
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $46-$55 per unit
- Out-of-State: $250-$300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||53%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||52%||$4,416|
|Receiving Student Loans||4%||$4,339|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 15%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Cypress College may offer services to students including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how this school compares against other community colleges in Orange County and community colleges in California as a whole.
|Cypress College||Orange County||California|
Popular Transfer-Out Colleges & Universities
The following 4-year colleges and universities are popular destinations for many students of Cypress College to transfer out to. You can click on the school profiles below to get additional admissions information:
- California State University - Long Beach
- California State University - Fullerton
- California State University - Dominguez Hills
- University of California - Irvine
- California State University - Los Angeles
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Funeral Service Education Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, Committee on Accreditation (since 1946)
- Dental Assistant Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1961)
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1977)
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1965)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1997)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in California
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Cypress College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Commerce (A)
- Business Administration (A, C)
- Bookkeeping (A, C)
- Hotel and Hospitality Management (A, C)
- Hospitality Administration and Management (C)
- Administrative Assistant (A, C)
- Small Business Administration and Management (A, C)
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing (A, C)
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations (A, C)
- Sales (C)
- Resort Management (C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Networking (C)
- Computer Graphics (C)
- Computer Programming (A, C)
- Information Technology (A, C)
- Refrigeration Technology (A, C)
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
- Ethnic Studies (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Adult Development and Aging (C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Biological and Physical Sciences (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
- Humanistic Studies (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
- Cooking and Related Culinary Arts (A, C)
- Funeral Service (A)
- Restaurant, Culinary and Catering Management (A, C)
- Psychology (A)
Public Administration and Social Services
- Human Services (A, C)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (C)
- Sociology (A)
Transportation and Materials Moving
- Airline Flight Attendant (A, C)
- Aviation and Airway Management (A, C)
- Airline Pilot and Flight Crew (A, C)
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Cypress College.