Davidson County Community College (DCCC)
297 Davidson Community College Rd, Thomasville, NC
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 002919
- Phone: (336) 249-8186
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Request more information about programs at Davidson County Community College by clicking on the links below:
Davidson County Community College, Thomasville, North Carolina, was originally established in 1958 as a technical school to assist in the transition from agriculture to industry. The school changed its name to its current and expanded its offerings in 1965. Since then the school has expanded its enrollment year after year, has opened a second campus in Mocksville and plans to open a third in Lexington with a recent land donation by a local family. DCCC also operates several satellite learning centers.
Davidson County Community College offers a large variety of programs for transfer to four year institutions or for immediate employment once completed. The programs can lead to certificate, diploma, or associate's degree.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
DCCC has an open enrollment policy; thus students can submit an application and provide all necessary documentation (identification and transcripts) to be admitted. Students will have to take a placement exam and meet with a counselor to discuss program and class enrollment. Financial aid is available to eligible students. Eligibility is determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which should be completed by the deadline noted on the website.
The DCCC Storm competes in the NJCAA division 3 in men's basketball and women's volleyball. No athletic scholarships are offered at DCCC.
Get an idea of how Davidson County Community College ranks among other community colleges in North Carolina by looking at the transfer-out rates of students to other colleges and universities.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $1,700-$2,000
- Out-of-State: $6,300-$7,517
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $69-$83 per unit
- Out-of-State: $260-$310 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||68%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||65%||$5,868|
|Receiving Student Loans||16%||$5,382|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 19%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Davidson County Community College may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for Davidson County Community College, versus those community colleges in North Carolina, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|DCCC||Davidson County||North Carolina|
Popular Transfer-Out Colleges & Universities
The following 4-year colleges are popular choices for many students of Davidson County Community College to transfer out to. You can click on the school profiles below to get additional admissions information:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- North Carolina A & T State University
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1993)
- Find all the other nursing programs in North Carolina
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Davidson County Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
- Information Technology (A, C)
- Computer Networking (A, C)
- Information Science Studies (A, C)
- Computer Programming (A, C)
- Early Childhood Education (A, C)
- Education, Early Childhood Special Education Programs (A)
- Electromechanical Instrumentation (A, C)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A, C)
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Language Interpretation and Translation (C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing (A)
- Phlebotomy (C)
- Pharmacy Technician (A, C)
- Emergency Medical Technology (A)
- Medical Assistant (A, C)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Medical Records Technician (A)
- Clinical Laboratory Technician (A)
- Veterinary Assistant (A)
- Massage Therapy (A, C)
- Histologic Technology (A)
- Mental and Social Health Services and Allied Professions (A)
- Medical Records Administrator (A)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A, C)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (C)
- Auto Mechanic (A, C)
- Diesel Mechanic (C)
- Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair (C)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Welding (C)
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (C)
- Criminal Justice (A, C)
- Fire Protection and Safety Technology
Transportation and Materials Moving
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Davidson County Community College.
- Forsyth Technical Community College in Winston Salem, NC (15 miles away)
- Guilford Technical Community College in Jamestown, NC (17 miles away)
- Rowan - Cabarrus Community College in Salisbury, NC (22 miles away)
- Randolph Community College in Asheboro, NC (24 miles away)
- Stanly Community College in Albemarle, NC (36 miles away)