Eastern Maine Community College
354 Hogan Rd, Bangor, ME
- FAFSA School Code: 005277
- Phone: (207) 974-4600
- School Homepage
- Phone: (207) 974-4680
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (207) 974-4625
At Eastern Maine Community College’s (EMCC) 72-acre Bangor campus, they offer 30 different programs of one and two years’ duration. In addition, there is a host of short-term, retraining and specialized training courses to choose from. EMCC is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., and grants associate degrees, diplomas and other certifications.
EMCC was established by the Maine State Legislature in 1966 as the Eastern Maine Vocational Technical Institute. Since then, it has moved campus and changed names – the latter, to reflect the true purpose of the college more accurately. One of the biggest benefits of attending EMCC is the fact that its Liberal Studies associate degree – and several other certifications – can be transferred to many other universities and colleges in Maine that offer four-year bachelor’s degree programs.
EMCC is dedicated to providing a well-balanced curriculum that focuses on both technical and social skills. Their goal is to create a skilled and adaptable workforce that contributes to the development of the community, region and state as a whole.
The facilities at EMCC reflect their philosophy of serving the community. An art gallery, a childcare center and the Technical Resource Center are housed in the same building; the Golden Eagles’ Johnston Gymnasium offers a brand new fitness center open during the day and in the evenings through the academic year; there’s also a new walking track in the heart of the campus, a campus green, a campus center and a residence hall – all added in the last five years.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,400. There is also a $20 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $2,600-$3,100
- Out-of-State: $5,200-$6,192
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $86-$100 per unit
- Out-of-State: $170-$210 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$4,460|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$4,709|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 10%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Eastern Maine Community College may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in the entire state of Maine.
|Eastern Maine Community College||Penobscot County||Maine|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1973)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1991)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Maine
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Eastern Maine Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A)
- Small Business Administration and Management (C)
- Administrative Assistant
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services
- Banking and Financial Support
Computer and Information Sciences
- Electrician (C)
- Construction Trades
- Teacher Assistant (A)
- Construction Engineering Technology (A, C)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (A)
- Civil Engineering Technology (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- General Studies (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Auto Mechanic (A, C)
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (A)
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technology (A, C)
- Computer Installation and Repair Technology
- Communications Systems Installation and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
- Culinary Arts (A, C)
- Restaurant, Culinary and Catering Management (A)
- Welding (A, C)
- Machine Shop Technology (A, C)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Design and Applied Arts (A)
- Craft Design, Folk Art and Artisanry
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Eastern Maine Community College.
- Washington County Community College in Calais, ME (77 miles away)
- Central Maine Community College in Auburn, ME (88 miles away)
- Southern Maine Community College in South Portland, ME (110 miles away)
- White Mountains Community College in Berlin, NH (121 miles away)
- Northern Maine Community College in Presque Isle, ME (133 miles away)