Get more information about Eastern Maine Community College by clicking links below:
At Eastern Maine Community College’s (EMCC) 72-acre Bangor campus, they offer 30 different programs of one and two years’ duration. In addition, there is a host of short-term, retraining and specialized training courses to choose from. EMCC is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., and grants associate degrees, diplomas and other certifications.
EMCC was established by the Maine State Legislature in 1966 as the Eastern Maine Vocational Technical Institute. Since then, it has moved campus and changed names – the latter, to reflect the true purpose of the college more accurately. One of the biggest benefits of attending EMCC is the fact that its Liberal Studies associate degree – and several other certifications – can be transferred to many other universities and colleges in Maine that offer four-year bachelor’s degree programs.
EMCC is dedicated to providing a well-balanced curriculum that focuses on both technical and social skills. Their goal is to create a skilled and adaptable workforce that contributes to the development of the community, region and state as a whole.
The facilities at EMCC reflect their philosophy of serving the community. An art gallery, a childcare center and the Technical Resource Center are housed in the same building; the Golden Eagles’ Johnston Gymnasium offers a brand new fitness center open during the day and in the evenings through the academic year; there’s also a new walking track in the heart of the campus, a campus green, a campus center and a residence hall – all added in the last five years.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,400. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $20 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,700-$3,200
- Out-of-State: $5,400-$6,480
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $90-$110 per unit
- Out-of-State: $180-$220 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$4,460|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$4,709|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Eastern Maine Community College may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in Maine.
|Eastern Maine Community College||Penobscot County||Maine|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1991)
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1973)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Eastern Maine Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Eastern Maine Community College.
- Washington County Community College in Calais, ME (77 miles away)
- Central Maine Community College in Auburn, ME (88 miles away)
- Southern Maine Community College in South Portland, ME (110 miles away)
- White Mountains Community College in Berlin, NH (121 miles away)
- Northern Maine Community College in Presque Isle, ME (133 miles away)