El Paso Community College (EPCC)
919 Hunter Drive, El Paso, TX
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 010387
- Phone: (915) 831-2000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (915) 831-2150
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (915) 831-2561
Request more information about programs at El Paso Community College by clicking on the links below:
El Paso Community College (EPCC) is a two-year community college located in El Paso, Texas. EPCC offers 130 academic programs that lead to an Associate's of Applied Science, Associate's of Science, Associate's of Arts degree or a Certificate of Completion. In addition to its degree and certificate programs, EPCC offers several innovative learning initiatives that include Early College High School (allowing high school students to earn an associate's degree while they earn their diploma), and Student Technology Services (a student-run technology training program). EPCC also offers distance learning through online programs.
For students hoping to transfer to four-year institutions of higher education to earn a bachelor's degree, there are "2+2" options available. These options guarantee admission to four-year colleges that offer the degree program of choice, with junior-level status.
EPCC offers modern facilities and many student and community services on its five campuses. It has several workforce development programs, making it a leading provider of job training for local community businesses. EPCC also offers a Leadership Development Academy to personnel who work in management/leadership positions in the El Paso community. The Academy's aim is to foster the development of leadership qualities, characteristics and skills.
EPCC is involved in a national initiative for community colleges called "Achieving the Dream," which helps more community college students, particularly those who face challenges, to succeed. EPCC grants the most associate's degrees to Hispanic students in the U.S.
In 1969, the El Paso County Community College District was established. In 1971, El Paso Community College opened its doors and more than 900 enrolled students. By 1973, enrollment had grown to more than 5,000. The college constructed various facilities and established five campuses over the years, providing a growing number of academic and workforce training programs. It is one of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation.
The academic calendar for El Paso Community College follows the semester format, with fall and spring semesters, a 10-week summer session, and two 5-week "summer mini" sessions.
Colleges and Schools
As a two-year community college, EPCC is not divided into colleges and schools, but has departments and programs through which students can earn Associate's Degrees and Certificates:
- Associate of Arts in Field of Study
- Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Technical Programs Certificate of Completion
- Technical Programs Associate of Applied Science
- Continuing Education
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Arts
- Health Occupation Associate of Applied Science
- Health Occupation Certificate of Completion
EPCC has an Office of Campus Life at each campus, which provides students with the "EPCC Best Start" ID Card. With this card, students can use EPCC facilities and services such as gyms, libraries, computer labs, discounts on and off campus at participating businesses, and more.
EPCC students are encouraged to join one of many student clubs, events or activities that are available to them on each campus. There are community volunteer programs available, as well as student leadership and government associations.
The EPCC athletics teams compete in intercollegiate sports at the Division I level in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). Men's sports include baseball, cross-country and half marathon. Women's sports include softball, cross-country and half marathon.
El Paso Community College has five campuses in the El Paso area:
- Mission del Paso Campus
- Northwest Campus
- Rio Grande Campus
- Transmountain Campus
- Valle Verde Campus
El Paso Community College has cultivated strong partnerships with local businesses to develop its workforce training programs. EPCC has also partnered with many local, regional and national universities to promote the success of its transfer students.
The city of El Paso has roughly 500,000 citizens and is one of the safest cities in the United States with a very low crime rate. El Paso offers good shopping venues, outdoor concerts, many museums, a zoo, hiking trails through its four State Parks, many music and dance festivals, and more.
Find out which are some of the better community colleges in Texas based on transfer rates, listings information also includes tuition, fees and enrollment data..
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $3,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $10 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $1,700-$2,000
- Out-of-State: $3,400-$4,061
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $71-$85 per unit
- Out-of-State: $140-$170 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||81%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$6,064|
|Receiving Student Loans||5%||$4,242|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 10%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, El Paso Community College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for El Paso Community College, versus those community colleges in Texas, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|EPCC||El Paso County||Texas|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: El Paso Community College - Rio Grande Campus
- Dietetic Technician Program
- Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 1979)
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1969)
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1973)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1992)
Campus: El Paso Community College
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1974)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1975)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Texas
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by El Paso Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Architecture (A)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (A)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Commerce (A)
- Data Entry Technology (A, C)
- Bookkeeping (C)
- Accounting (A)
- Business Administration (A, C)
- Accounting and Business and Management (A)
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations (A, C)
Communications and Journalism
- Communications (A)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (A, C)
- System, Networking, and Lan or Wan Management (A, C)
- Computer Programming (A, C)
- Computer Science (A)
- Electrician (C)
- Teacher Education, Multiple Levels (A)
- Teacher Education and Professional Development (A)
- Engineering (A)
- Manufacturing Technology (A, C)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (A, C)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A)
English Language and Literature
- Writing, General (A)
- English Literature (A)
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
- Chicano Studies (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing (A, C)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Emergency Medical Technology (A, C)
- Massage Therapy (C)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Counseling (A, C)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (A)
- Dental Hygienist (A)
- Pharmacy Technician (C)
- Radiologic Technology (A)
- Respiratory Therapy (A)
- Clinical Laboratory Technician (A)
- Radiology Technician (A)
- Surgical Technologist (A, C)
- Medical Assistant (A, C)
- Dental Assistant (A, C)
- Ultrasound Technician (A)
- Community Health Services, Liaison, Counseling (C)
- Medical Records Technician (A)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (A)
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Auto Mechanic (A, C)
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (A, C)
- Communications Systems Installation and Repair Technology (C)
Personal and Culinary Services
Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Philosophy (A)
- Machine Tool Technology (A, C)
- Psychology (A)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
- Economics (A)
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to El Paso Community College.
- Dona Ana Community College in Las Cruces, NM (43 miles away)
- Eastern New Mexico University - Ruidoso in Ruidoso, NM (118 miles away)
- Eastern New Mexico University - Roswell Campus in Roswell, NM (152 miles away)
- Cochise College in Douglas, AZ (196 miles away)
- New Mexico Junior College in Hobbs, NM (199 miles away)