321 E Chapman Avenue, Fullerton, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 001201
- Phone: (714) 992-7000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (714) 992-7568
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (714) 992-7050
- Financial Aid Page
Fullerton College (FC) is a two-year community college located near Los Angeles, in Fullerton, California. Fullerton offers associates degrees in more than 90 programs, and vocational certificates in nearly 150 programs. Fullerton offers excellent academic transfer programs for students wishing to transfer to four-year institutions to complete their bachelor's degree. Fullerton is ranked third in California for its number of student transfers into a California State University.
Fullerton College is part of the North Orange County Community College District. The mission of Fullerton College is to: create a community that promotes inquiry and intellectual curiosity, personal growth and a life-long appreciation for the power of learning.
The student resources offered at Fullerton College include a top-notch Library/Learning Resource Center, a College Center with dining options and a student lounge, wireless internet access, a Wellness Center, Service Learning, a weekly campus newspaper, free tutoring services, and more.
The Fine Arts at Fullerton College are thriving, with more than 20 musical performance groups, as well as a playwrights festival, directors festival, jazz festival, choir festival, and piano ensemble, among others.
Fullerton College was founded in 1913 as "Fullerton Junior College." It changed its name to "Fullerton College" in 1972.
The academic calendar for Fullerton College follows the semester format, with fall, spring and summer semesters.
Colleges and Schools
Academic units or divisions at Fullerton College are divided into departments. There is a comprehensive range of departments at Fullerton College, offering a wide range of academic study programs.
College activities at Fullerton include homecoming, the Festival of Diversity, the Fullerton College Marketplace, and many cultural events and field trips. There are more than 50 student clubs and organizations at Fullerton, ranging from interests in culture, academics, recreation, faith and politics. Whether students wish to join the Math Club, the Hiking and Adventure Club, or the Persian Club, they'll find much to choose from at Fullerton College.
The Cadena Cultural Center on campus offers student resources and services that include:
- Cadena Cultural Center Seminars
- Campus Cultural Events Photograph Gallery
- Fine Arts Calendar (art, music and theater)
- Intern & Volunteer Opportunities
- Study Abroad Program
Support Resources Related to:
- FC Dream Team
- African American/Black
- Asian/Pacific Islander
- Disability Support
- First Generation College Students
- Foster Youth
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender
- Native American
- Spiritual Support
The school colors for Fullerton College (FC) are blue and white. The school mascot is a hornet, and the FC athletic teams are nicknamed the Fullerton College "Hornets."
The Fullerton College athletic program is part of the Orange Empire Conference, and Fullerton "Hornets" athletic teams participate in 14 intercollegiate sports, including:
- Water Polo
- Water Polo
Fullerton College is located on a campus of roughly 80 acres in the city of Fullerton, California, in Orange County. Fullerton is about 30 miles south of Los Angeles, and near the Pacific coastline. Student on campus will have easy access to many world-famous attractions, theme parks like Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm, museums and areas of interest.
Fullerton College's campus is walking distance from downtown Fullerton, where there is a wide selection of restaurants, cafes, and shopping spots. There is a nearby Metrorail station, and many city buses that regularly stop in front of Fullerton College.
Compare all the community colleges in California, with listings including information on tuition, fees, enrollment, and transfer-out rates..
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $1,100-$1,300
- Out-of-State: $6,000-$7,171
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $46-$55 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $250-$300 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||51%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||51%||$4,402|
|Receiving Student Loans||4%||$4,942|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 13%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Fullerton College may provide services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how Fullerton College compares against other community colleges in Orange County and California as whole.
|Fullerton College||Orange County||California|
Popular Transfer-Out Colleges & Universities
The following 4-year schools are popular destinations for many students of Fullerton College to transfer out to. You can click on the school profiles below to get additional admissions information:
- California State University - Fullerton
- California State University - Long Beach
- University of California - Irvine
- California State University - Los Angeles
- University of Southern California
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Fullerton College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Landscaping and Groundskeeping (A, C)
- Horticulture (C)
- Plant Nursery Operations and Management (A)
- Architectural Technology (A)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (A)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A)
- Bookkeeping (A, C)
- International Business (A)
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing (A, C)
- Small Business Administration and Management (C)
- Audio and Video Production (A, C)
- Graphic and Printing Equipment Operator Production (A, C)
- Animation (C)
- Photographic and Film Technology (A, C)
Communications and Journalism
- Radio and Television (A, C)
- Media Studies (A)
- Journalism (A, C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Building Construction Technology (A, C)
- Building and Construction Site Management (A)
- Carpentry (A)
- Pre-Engineering (A)
- Biomedical Technology (A)
- Manufacturing Technology (A)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (A, C)
- Mechanical Technology Technician (A)
English Language and Literature
- English (A)
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
- Ethnic Studies (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care Provider (A, C)
- Apparel and Textile Marketing Management (A, C)
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Foreign Languages and Literatures (A)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Massage Therapy (C)
- Health Preparatory Programs (A)
- History (A)
- Biological and Physical Sciences (A)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A, C)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
- Humanistic Studies (A)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Auto Mechanic (A, C)
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
- Cosmetology (A, C)
Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Welding (C)
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork (C)
- Machine Tool Technology (C)
- Psychology (A)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (A, C)
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Fullerton College.
- Cypress College in Cypress, CA (7 miles away)
- Santa Ana College in Santa Ana, CA (8 miles away)
- Santiago Canyon College in Orange, CA (10 miles away)
- Cerritos College in Norwalk, CA (10 miles away)
- Coastline Community College in Fountain Valley, CA (11 miles away)