Gateway Community and Technical College (GCTC)
500 Technology Way, Florence, KY
- FAFSA School Code: 005273
- Phone: (859) 441-4500
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (859) 442-4500 x21165
The mission of Gateway Community and Technical College (GCTC) is to provide a collaborative environment where students, staff and the community can engage in meaningful dialog that focuses on learning from a global perspective. Their strategy to achieve this learning-conducive environment is to Make Change Happen by offering a “high quality, affordable, accessible and inclusive” curriculum.
GCTC is a two-year degree college and is part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. Offering associate degrees, transfer programs, certificates and diplomas in more than 30 diverse programs like air conditioning technology, cosmetology, criminal justice and welding technology. Students can either choose from career-oriented courses of study or transfer programs that fulfill the requirements to continue at a public four-year college in Kentucky.
Tuition fees start at $144 per credit hour for in-state and online students, making this an affordable dream for many Kentuckians. Whether a student is focused on enhancing an existing career, building a fresh one or embarking on a longer college education journey, GCTC has the right program at the right price.
Student life at GCTC’s three campus locations offers a unique opportunity to be a part of several student clubs. In addition, students may also choose to involve themselves in community activities organized by the college. Both options are designed to promote accessibility and inclusion, and bring the college community closer to the larger community that it serves.
GCTC comes highly recommended as a cutting-edge college that focuses on the future by working on the present.
To get more information on other community colleges in Kentucky and compare transfer rates, visit our community colleges in Kentucky details page where you can find a complete list of community colleges including information on tuition and enrollment.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,200-$3,900
- Out-of-State: $11,000-$13,390
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $140-$160 per unit
- Out-of-State: $470-$560 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$3,900|
|Receiving Student Loans||57%||$5,686|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 18%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Gateway Community and Technical College may offer services including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges found throughout the state of Kentucky, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Gateway Community and Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A, C)
- Executive Assistant, Executive Secretary (A, C)
- Communications Technology (C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (A, C)
- Teacher Assistant (A)
- Engineering Technology (C)
- Manufacturing Technology (A, C)
- Energy Management and Systems Technology (C)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care Provider (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Interdisciplinary Studies (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Auto Mechanic (C)
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance (A, C)
- Auto Body (C)
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (C)
- Diesel Mechanic (C)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Cosmetology (C)
- Machine Shop Technology (C)
- Welding (C)
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gateway Community and Technical College.
- Ivy Tech Community College - Southeast in Madison, IN (50 miles away)
- Nebraska Indian Community College in Macy, NE (54 miles away)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College in Lexington, KY (72 miles away)
- Jefferson Community and Technical College in Louisville, KY (88 miles away)
- Ashland Community and Technical College in Ashland, KY (109 miles away)