Greenfield Community College
One College Dr, Greenfield, MA
- FAFSA School Code: 002169
- Phone: (413) 775-1000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (413) 775-1800
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (413) 775-1109
- Financial Aid Page
Greenfield Community College, located in Greenfield, Massachusetts, is a public two year institution founded in 1962 and dedicated to providing academic and career educations for residents in the community. The school is one of the many that comprise the Massachusetts Community Colleges System. The school is a hub for cultural activity, holding various events throughout the year, as well as maintaining ties with local businesses to assist in workforce development. The school has an average enrollment of 3000 annually and is dedicated to providing those students with the best education possible.
Greenfield Community College offers students opportunities through transfer programs and career training options. Students choosing to transfer will complete the first two years of a four year education, followed by applying to one's desired schools to transfer the earned credits and finish the final two years of their bachelor's degree. Career training programs provide education in a specific field, preparing the individual for employment. These programs take between one and two years to complete, resulting in a certificate or degree and assisting in the acquisition of employment after graduation.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students may enroll at GCC if they meet the minimum requirements for admission, which include a high school diploma or equivalent or being 18 years of age or older. Students must complete the application, pay fees, provide transcripts and test scores, and take a placement exam prior to registration. Students are also encouraged to participate in orientation and meet with a counselor to discuss program enrollment and curriculum. Financial aid is available in the form of loans and grants and is awarded based on a student's financial needs. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which will be used by the school to construct a financial aid packet.
To get more information on other community colleges in Massachusetts and compare transfer rates, visit our community colleges in Massachusetts details page where you can find a complete list of community colleges including information on tuition and enrollment.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $620-$750
- Out-of-State: $6,700-$8,093
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $190-$220 per unit
- Out-of-State: $440-$530 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||66%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||58%||$2,538|
|Receiving Student Loans||25%||$2,190|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 7%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Greenfield Community College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges found throughout the state of Massachusetts, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|Greenfield Community College||Franklin County||Massachusetts|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Massage Therapy & Bodywork Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (since 2002)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1983)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Massachusetts
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Greenfield Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Commerce (A)
- Bookkeeping (A)
- Business Administration (A)
- Real Estate (C)
- Administrative Assistant (A, C)
- Entrepreneurial Studies (C)
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services (A)
- Web Design (C)
- Teacher Assistant (C)
- Early Childhood Education (A)
- Technology Teacher Education Teacher Education
- Engineering Science (A)
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
Natural Resources and Conservation
- Natural Resources Conservation and Research (C)
- Environmental and Wildlife Management (C)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (A)
- Fire Protection and Safety Technology (A)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Fine Studio Arts (A)
- Film, Video and Photographic Arts (A)
- Design and Visual Communications (C)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Greenfield Community College.
- Asnuntuck Community College in Enfield, CT (41 miles away)
- Columbia - Greene Community College in Hudson, NY (66 miles away)
- Adirondack Community College in Queensbury, NY (74 miles away)
- Roxbury Community College in Roxbury Crossing, MA (80 miles away)
- Sullivan County Community College in Loch Sheldrake, NY (119 miles away)