Get more information about Trenholm State Technical College by clicking links below:
H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College provides educational opportunities for students on the lookout for associate degrees and that includes credit as well as non-credit certificates and courses. Career preparation is prioritized and the same goes for advancement as well as long-life learning with its mission to promote quality of life and economic growth for Central Alabama residents.
Trenholm State Technical College is a member college of the Alabama Community College System, a statewide system governed by the state's Board of Education. Its service area covers Montgomery as well as the near-by counties of Macon, Elmore, Lowndes and Autauga.
At the moment, 1,720 students are enrolled at the Trenholm State Technical College and the entire student population is comprised of undergraduates. This indicates that the college falls under average-sized schools due to its student population. You're guaranteed to find a perfect balance between both resources as well as opportunities for faculty engagement.
The college offers 28 different programs of study, varying from technical all the way up to healthcare. The purpose of these programs is to help keep up with the workforce demands around the region as well as nation-wide. Experienced instructors offer first hand training and besides the programs leading up to an Associate Degree, there are also short term certificates being offered. Adult Education and Continued Education is available too.
Student Services are comprised of 8 different departments to meet the needs of their students: Admissions, Student Recruitment, Financial Aid, Job Placement, Student Advisory and Support Services. Upward Bound Programs is another worthy mention of the Student Services division.
Total in-state tuition for the 2013-2014 academic years is $2,616. Out-of-state residents pay an additional $2,616 for attendance.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,600-$3,100
- Out-of-State: $5,200-$6,278
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $110-$130 per unit
- Out-of-State: $220-$260 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$5,600|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Trenholm State Technical College may provide student services like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for Trenholm Tech compared to community colleges in Alabama, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Trenholm Tech||Montgomery County||Alabama|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1978)
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2010)
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1982)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Trenholm State Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Trenholm State Technical College.
- George C Wallace State Community College - Selma in Selma, AL (40 miles away)
- Central Alabama Community College in Alexander City, AL (46 miles away)
- Southern Union State Community College in Wadley, AL (70 miles away)
- Lurleen B Wallace Community College in Andalusia, AL (75 miles away)
- Chattahoochee Valley Community College in Phenix City, AL (77 miles away)