Get more information about Hinds Community College by clicking links below:
Hinds Community College is located in Raymond, Mississippi, 5 miles west of Jackson. The institution was founded as an agricultural high school in 1917 and began offering college level courses in 1922. During World War II Hinds began offering a vocational education curriculum, followed by technical degrees in the 1960's. Hind's Community College has seven campuses and serves 19,500 students per year in five counties making it the largest educational institution in Mississippi.
Hinds Community college offers a large number of programs and majors, including college transfer programs for four year institutions, vocational and occupational programs, continuing education programs, workshops and seminars among others.
Some programs include:
- Business Administration
- Pharmacy Technology
- Culinary Art Technology
- Early Childhood Education Technology
Admissions and Financial Aid
Hinds Community College accepts applications online or through submission to the office of admissions and records. Students pursuing an academic or technical field of study must submit their ACT scores; if no scores are available a placement test must be taken prior to registering. Official transcripts must be mailed to the office of admissions and records from your last educational institution (i.e. high school, previous college). Prior to your first semester, it is recommended you see a counselor to outline your plan for studies.
Hinds Community College has several athletics programs for both men and women.
- Track and Field
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,400
- Out-of-State: $4,600-$5,472
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $100-$120 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $200-$240 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$4,593|
|Receiving Student Loans||60%||$3,972|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 26%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Hinds Community College may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges in Mississippi, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|Hinds CC||Hinds County||Mississippi|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Hinds CC-Jackson Campus Nursing/Allied Health Ctr
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1969)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1995)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1979)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Mississippi
Campus: Hinds Community College
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2001)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Hinds Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Hinds Community College.
- Copiah - Lincoln Community College in Wesson, MS (39 miles away)
- Holmes Community College in Goodman, MS (57 miles away)
- Southwest Mississippi Community College in Summit, MS (67 miles away)
- East Central Community College in Decatur, MS (77 miles away)
- Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorhead, MS (83 miles away)