Get more information about Hocking College by clicking links below:
Founded in the 1960's in Nelsonville, OH, Hocking College has grown from a vocational school into a large 2 year college. The school offers certificate and degree programs, and is the only 2 year public institution in Ohio to offer dormitory living for students. Hocking has established sister colleges in multiple countries, has multiple campuses, and operates the Lake Snowden Education and Recreation Park.
Hocking offers over 60 programs in ten program areas. The school prides itself on a tradition of excellence, providing students with a quality education and preparing them for further study at a four year institution or for a career.
Some programs include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Interested students should either submit a mailed application or apply online. Students must have at least a high school diploma or GED, and must pay all fees associated with the application.
Financial aid is available and interested students should fill out and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $15 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,900-$3,500
- Out-of-State: $5,800-$6,912
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $180-$210 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $350-$420 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||64%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||57%||$3,307|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$5,323|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 34%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Hocking College may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1998)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1989)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Ohio
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1987)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Hocking College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Hocking College.
- Central Ohio Technical College in Newark, OH (44 miles away)
- Mountwest Community and Technical College in Huntington, WV (72 miles away)
- Clark State Community College in Springfield, OH (90 miles away)
- Marion Technical College in Marion, OH (91 miles away)
- Kent State University at East Liverpool in East Liverpool, OH (119 miles away)