Get more information about Holmes Community College by clicking links below:
Holmes Community College, headquartered in Goodman, Mississippi, is a two year institution dedicated to serving its communities educational needs. The school operates three campuses in Goodman, Grenada and Ridgeland, as well as two satellite campuses in Kosciusko and Webster County. HCC traces its origins to 1911 when plans were put forth to establish the Holmes County Agricultural High School.
Holmes Community College offers a variety of programs to assist its students in getting the education they need. Associate, certificate and diploma programs provide the necessary education to either move on to a four year institution or to pursue a career in a chose field of study. Adult education courses are also available for those who wish to complete their education.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in enrolling at Holmes Community College should complete and submit the application, all relevant transcripts and if under the age of 21 ACT or SAT test scores. Students interested in financial aid should complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to obtain their PIN and Student Aid Report. Additionally students should apply for aid from the state of Mississippi. Student can then use the “my doghouse” feature available through the school website check their financial aid status. Further inquiries about the process can be made at the school's financial aid office.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,400
- Out-of-State: $4,600-$5,496
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $110-$130 per unit
- Out-of-State: $220-$270 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$4,502|
|Receiving Student Loans||26%||$2,154|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Holmes Community College may provide services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Assisting students to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges in Mississippi, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Holmes Community College||Holmes County||Mississippi|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Holmes Community College - Ridgeland Campus
- Funeral Service Education Program
- Accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, Committee on Accreditation (since 1999)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2000)
Campus: Holmes Community College Grenada Center
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1993)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Mississippi
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Holmes Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Holmes Community College.
- Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorhead, MS (48 miles away)
- Hinds Community College in Raymond, MS (57 miles away)
- East Central Community College in Decatur, MS (59 miles away)
- Meridian Community College in Meridian, MS (81 miles away)
- East Mississippi Community College in Scooba, MS (84 miles away)