Get more information about Hutchinson Community College by clicking links below:
Located in South Central Kansas, you will find the Hutchinson Community College. A public community college and vocational prep school, HCC offers certificate programs leading to jobs in many fields, including technical, agricultural, and medical fields, and associate degree programs for students wishing to continue education at four-year schools following graduation. Although community schools have traditionally served students within their areas in brick and mortar classrooms, Hutchinson now offers on-line classes for students whose proximity or work schedules require more progressive means of attending classes.
In an effort to foster development of well-rounded individuals, Hutchinson offers more than just academics. Clubs and activities afford students opportunities to pursue personal, professional, and social interests as well as community service projects. Hutchinson believes in keeping students engaged: in classes, studies, campus-sponsored sports and activities, or hanging out with friends.
In a time of skyrocketing educational costs, HCC has managed to keep its tuition rates low. Even so, students with financial concerns may apply for financial aid, which is awarded on the basis of need. So if you seek a quality education at an affordable price, be sure to check out Hutchinson Community College. It’s a smart choice for discerning students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,100-$2,600
- Out-of-State: $3,100-$3,763
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $84-$100 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $120-$140 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$3,597|
|Receiving Student Loans||35%||$4,036|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 7%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Hutchinson Community College may offer services to students like:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges in Kansas, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|Hutchinson Community College||Reno County||Kansas|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 2011)
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1983)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1985)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Kansas
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1996)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Hutchinson Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Hutchinson Community College.
- Barton Community College in Great Bend, KS (50 miles away)
- Pratt Community College in Pratt, KS (52 miles away)
- Butler Community College in El Dorado, KS (59 miles away)
- Cowley County Community College in Arkansas City, KS (85 miles away)
- North Central Kansas Technical College in Beloit, KS (94 miles away)