Get more information about Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana by clicking links below:
Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana has nine academic schools offering more than 150 programs and concentrations. Students can complete an associate's degree in two-years or a vocational certificate in one year or less. Students who wish to transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor's degree will benefit from Ivy Tech's transfer programs and partnerships with many colleges and universities.
High-caliber programs at Ivy Tech include everything from accounting or agriculture to mortuary science or therapeutic massage. Short term professional or corporate training are available for individuals or companies who seek to enhance their careers with additional job skills.
More than 12 degree programs are offered online, through more than 350 classes. The faculty members for online courses have the same high qualifications as those instructors who are teaching classes on campus.
Online programs include:
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- Design Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- General Studies
- Human Services
- Information Security
- Library Technical Assistant
- Manufacturing Production and Operations (MPRO)
- Office Administration
- Paralegal Studies
Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana was founded in 1966 with just over 350 students.
The academic calendar for Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana follows the semester format, with fall, spring and summer semesters.
Colleges and Schools
- School of Applied Science & Engineering Technology
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Fine Arts & Design
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Public & Social Services
- School of Technology
Students at Ivy Tech will find many opportunities for meeting other students by joining one of the many student clubs or organizations available. Students may also get involved in student government through the Student Government Association, or join the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society. If students find there isn't a group available that represents their interests, they may form their own student organization, as long as they have five or more active members and an Ivy Tech staff advisor.
Student services at Ivy Tech include health and wellness programs and recreational sports, among others. Campus housing is not available, but there are many apartment communities around the Ivy Tech campuses, and some offer student discounts.
Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana does not compete in intercollegiate sports, but does offer Club Team Sports. These recreational sports are designed to shape students into team-oriented, respectful, productive members of society as they work toward a common goal. To qualify for team sports, students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average, enroll in at least six credit hours each semester, and attend all team functions.
Club Team Sports at Ivy Tech include:
- Flag Football
- Men's Soccer
- Men's Basketball
- Women's Basketball
- Coed Bowling
- Coed Softball
Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana has multiple sites, with a main campus located on Meridian Street in downtown Indianapolis. A second full-service campus is located in Lawrence, Indiana, at the former Fort Harrison. In addition to these two campuses, Ivy Tech offers courses at many satellite campuses in the Central Indiana region, including:
- Arsenal Tech High School
- Beech Grove High School
- Ben Davis High School
- Carmel Community Life and Learning Center
- Central Nine Career Center
- Greenfield Central High School
- Lebanon High School
- Mooresville High School
- Noblesville High School
- Pike High School
- Shelbyville Intelliplex
Ivy Tech-Central Indiana brings educational opportunities to residents of Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks, and Boone counties.
Students at Ivy Tech are encouraged to be active and engaged citizens who help their community. Ivy Tech wants students who are applying for jobs or plan to transfer to four-year universities to be well-prepared and competitive. Past experience as a volunteer for community service can give students an edge on college applications and in the job market. Ivy Tech's office of Student Life & Development offers many opportunities for students to volunteer in the Central Indiana community and develop leadership skills.
Downtown Indianapolis offers plenty of culture and recreation for students, including shopping, museums, parks, historical sites, and more.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $3,300-$4,000
- Out-of-State: $7,200-$8,618
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $110-$130 per unit
- Out-of-State: $240-$290 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||66%||$5,361|
|Receiving Student Loans||52%||$6,445|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 23%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana may offer student services like:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in Indiana.
|Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana||Marion County||Indiana|
Popular Transfer-Out Colleges & Universities
Many students from Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana may transfer-out and continue their education at the following four-year colleges & universities:
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana - East Chicago
- Funeral Service Education Program
- Accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, Committee on Accreditation (since 2004)
Campus: Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana - Marion
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2002)
Campus: Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana - Anderson
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 2005)
Campus: Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana
- Funeral Service Education Program
- Accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, Committee on Accreditation (since 2008)
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1974)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1986)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Indiana
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1976)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ivy Tech Community College – Central Indiana.
- Danville Area Community College in Danville, IL (79 miles away)
- Lincoln Trail College - Illinois Eastern Community Colleges in Robinson, IL (95 miles away)
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College in Cincinnati, OH (98 miles away)
- Gateway Community and Technical College in Florence, KY (101 miles away)
- Nebraska Indian Community College in Macy, NE (102 miles away)