Linn State Technical College (LSTC)
One Technology Drive, Linn, MO
- FAFSA School Code: 004711
- Phone: (573) 897-5000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (573) 897-5196
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (573) 897-5145
- Financial Aid Page
Linn State Technical College, located in Linn, Missouri, was founded in 1961 and is the only technical college in Missouri with a statewide mission. Originally known as Linn Technical Junior College, the school provided technical and career training as part of its initial offering. The school is dedicated to providing the best education possible, particularly through faculty the are both credentialed and have real world experience to ensure students needs are met.
Linn State Technical College offers students the opportunity to pursue technical and career training as well as academic transfer through a variety of programs offered by the school. Career and technical programs offer students the opportunity to develop the skills and abilities necessary for high demand fields and industries. Additionally, the school works with private businesses to provide specialized curriculums for training purposes. Academic transfer is accomplished by completing a general education program that fulfills the requirements of the first two years of a four year degree, followed by applying to colleges and universities to continue their education.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
LSTC is a public, two year, open enrollment institution that allows any student that is interested to enroll by completing the application for admission and paying the associated fees. Students are asked to provide transcripts and test scores if available, and may be required to take a placement exam prior to registration. Financial aid is available in the form of loans, grants and scholarship and is awarded based on need determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which should be submitted by students in a timely fashion.
Compare all the community colleges in Missouri, with listings including information on tuition, fees, enrollment, and transfer-out rates..
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,800. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $4,700-$5,600
- Out-of-State: $9,300-$11,160
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $160-$190 per unit
- Out-of-State: $310-$370 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$6,072|
|Receiving Student Loans||68%||$5,367|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 5%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Linn State Technical College may offer services like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares Linn State Technical College against community colleges in the entire state of Missouri.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1996)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Linn State Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Turf Management (A, C)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
- Electrician (A, C)
- Lineworker (A)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A)
- Civil Engineering Technology (A)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (A)
- Manufacturing Technology (A)
- Laser and Optical Technology
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technology (A)
- Auto Mechanic (A, C)
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (A)
- Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair (A)
- Auto Body (A, C)
- Medium and Heavy Vehicle Truck Technology (A)
- Electrical Equipment Installation and Repair (A)
- Aircraft Powerplant Technology (A, C)
- Aircraft Mechanic (C)
- Machine Tool Technology (A)
- Nuclear Power Technology (A)
Transportation and Materials Moving
- Construction, Heavy Equipment Operation (C)