Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical
1250 Homer Rd, Winona, MN
- FAFSA School Code: 002393
- Phone: (507) 453-2700
- School Homepage
- Phone: (507) 453-2720
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (507) 453-2710
- Financial Aid Page
The Minnesota State College–Southeast Technical is a school that is dedicated in providing quality education for employment. With its main goal to meet the training and education needs of both students and employers, Southeast Technical provides students with strong foundation on both general and technical knowledge.
Currently, Southeast Technical has three campuses that are located near the beautiful Upper Mississippi River and these include the Red Wing Campus, Winona Campus and the Tandeski Center which are all located in Winona City in Minnesota. Established in 1949, the Southeast Technical School has a total combined area of 41,000 square foot. The school was the second college under the Minnesota State College and University System awarded by the Higher Learning Commission for its distance learning accreditation. Today, Southeast Technical has the largest healthcare-related technical programs in the state. On the other hand, the school also offers unique programs like Musical String Instrument Repair and Mobile Electronics Installation.
The boards of trustees from the Minnesota State Colleges and University System set the tuition fee rate of the school. Currently, the tuition rate of Southeast Technical for all in-district, out-of-district and out-of-state students is $172 per semester credit. However, some programs may have differential costs due to additional expenditures of the program.
On the other hand, students who wish to transfer to a four-year college and university can take advantage of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum wherein students can transfer to any local university or college he or she wishes as long as they have met the minimum transfer requirements.
If you are considering going to Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical, you should first check out our page detailing all the Minnesota community colleges and see how well this school compares to other community colleges in Minnesota.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $5,700 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Per unit charges are around $180 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||69%||$4,347|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$6,100|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 10%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical may offer student services including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges located in Minnesota, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical||Winona County||Minnesota|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Accounting (A, C)
- Administrative Assistant (A, C)
- Office Management (A, C)
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing (A)
- Bookkeeping (A, C)
- Retail Management (A)
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services (C)
- Receptionist (C)
- Sales (C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Carpentry (A, C)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A, C)
- Cad Drafting (A, C)
- Computer Systems Technology (A)
- Biomedical Technology (A)
- Nanotechnology (C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Interdisciplinary Studies (A)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Legal Administrative Assistant (A, C)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Musical Instrument Fabrication and Repair (C)
- Auto Mechanic (C)
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance (A, C)
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (A, C)
- Auto Body (A, C)
- Communications Systems Installation and Repair Technology (C)
- Small Engine Mechanics and Repair Technology (C)
- Watchmaking and Jewelry-Making (C)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Welding (C)
- Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) (C)
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork (C)
Security and Protective Services
- Criminal Justice (A)
Transportation and Materials Moving
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical.
- Northeast Iowa Community College - Calmar in Calmar, IA (60 miles away)
- Riverland Community College in Austin, MN (73 miles away)
- Dakota County Technical College in Rosemount, MN (87 miles away)
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College in Fennimore, WI (88 miles away)
- North Iowa Area Community College in Mason City, IA (97 miles away)