Mitchell Technical Institute
1800 E. Spruce Street, Mitchell, SD
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 008284
- Phone: (605) 995-3025
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Request more information about programs at Mitchell Technical Institute by clicking on the links below:
Mitchell Technical Institute, located in Mitchell, South Dakota, was opened in 1968 to provide post high school technical education services to residents of its service area. The school is overseen by the Mitchell School District, utilizing rules and regulations as established by the State Board of Education. The school has seen continual growth and expansion since its founding, having recently opened to new campus expansions for additional programs and services. The school is dedicated to providing the highest quality technical training to assist in local workforce development.
Mitchell Technical Institute offers a variety of programs that allow individuals to receive the education and training necessary to enter the workforce in a given field. Individuals who complete a program will earn a certificate, allowing for the pursuit the pursuit of long term employment as a qualified professional. Online programs are also available for individuals in need of flexible scheduling. The school works with graduates, assisting in job placement upon completion through resume assistance, employer introductions, internship opportunities as well as other methods.
Programs offered include:
- Accounting and Business Management
- Medical Assistant
- Culinary Arts
- Heating and Air Conditioning
Admissions and Financial Aid
Mitchell Technical Institute admits any individuals interested in enrollment through the completion of the application for admission and by providing any information related to one's education, such as transcripts and test scores. Students may be required to take a placement exam prior to enrollment.. Students should meet with an adviser prior to enrolling to discuss programs options. Financial aid is available in the form of loans and grants awarded based on need as determined by the information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $3,000-$3,600 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $170 to $210 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$3,118|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$5,935|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 8%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Mitchell Technical Institute may offer student services like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
- Day care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2002)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mitchell Technical Institute by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Farm and Ranch Management (C)
- Agricultural Production Operations (A, C)
- Agronomy and Crop Science (C)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Accounting and Business and Management (A)
- Data Entry Technology (A, C)
Communications and Journalism
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication (A)
Computer and Information Sciences
- System Administration (A, C)
- Lineworker (A, C)
- Electrician (A, C)
- Construction Trades (C)
- Building Construction Technology (A)
- Energy Management and Systems Technology (A, C)
- Automation Engineer Technician (A)
- Telecommunications Technology (A)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Medical Assistant (A)
- Clinical Laboratory Technician (A)
- Radiologic Technology (A)
- Radiology Technician (A)
- Medical Office Assistant
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Small Engine Mechanics and Repair Technology (A, C)
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (A, C)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Culinary Arts (A)