Orange County Community College (SUNY Orange)
115 South St, Middletown, NY
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 002876
- Phone: (845) 344-6222
- School Homepage
- Phone: (845) 341-4060
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (845) 341-4190
Request more information about programs at Orange County Community College by clicking on the links below:
The pioneer and innovator in meeting the needs of its students and area it serves, Orange County Community College continues to play a significant role in the education endeavor of the country.
Since 1950, SUNY Orange has touched countless of lives through its credit programs, non-credit programming and cultural events. It is an accredited college where academic credits can be earned by full-or-part-time study in day or night classes or both at its Middletown campus, Newburgh campus and satellite locations in Orange County.
You may choose from its offering of 3 degrees-the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science, technical programs with transfer options and 1-year certificates. Among its support services offered are advising, counseling, career guidance, exploration, and financial aid. There are clubs, co-curricular and leadership activities for enrichment. All students are motivated to qualify for the Phi Theta Kappa honor society and the Honors Program. It also sponsors lectures, cultural and artistic events for students and staff to which the community is welcome.
SUNY Orange also takes pride being a campus with openness to diversity in a mixture of maturity, ethnicity, thoughts, language and spirituality. It has special programs for academically gifted high school seniors and for business or professional people. It has grants, educational partnerships and ENCORE programs. ENCORE is a non-credit program for lifelong learners aged 55 years old and above.
Universities, both public and private, seek out SUNY Orange graduates for transfer into their baccalaureate programs.
Diversified and committed to student success, Orange County Community College will help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $4,100-$4,900
- Out-of-State: $8,200-$9,840
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $170-$200 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $340-$410 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||64%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||53%||$4,214|
|Receiving Student Loans||26%||$4,658|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 9%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Orange County Community College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges in New York, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|SUNY Orange||Orange County||New York|
Popular Transfer-Out Colleges & Universities
The following 4-year colleges and universities are popular destinations for many students of Orange County Community College to transfer out to. You can click on the school profiles below to get additional admissions information:
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1975)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1979)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1977)
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1991)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1952)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in New York
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Orange County Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A)
- Bookkeeping (A, C)
- General Merchandising, Sales, Related Marketing Operations (A)
- Administrative Assistant (A)
- Graphic and Printing Equipment Operator Production (A)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Information Science Studies (A)
- Computer (A)
- Teacher Assistant (C)
- Engineering (A)
- Architectural Engineering Technology (A)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Humanistic Studies (A)
- Liberal Arts (A)
Public Administration and Social Services
- Public Administration and Social Service (A)
Security and Protective Services
- Law and Justice Administration (A)
- Police Science (A)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Music Performance (A)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Orange County Community College.
- Sullivan County Community College in Loch Sheldrake, NY (26 miles away)
- Rockland Community College in Suffern, NY (27 miles away)
- Ulster County Community College in Stone Ridge, NY (33 miles away)
- Dutchess Community College in Poughkeepsie, NY (33 miles away)
- Passaic County Community College in Paterson, NJ (38 miles away)