Get more information about Orange County Community College by clicking links below:
The pioneer and innovator in meeting the needs of its students and area it serves, Orange County Community College continues to play a significant role in the education endeavor of the country.
Since 1950, SUNY Orange has touched countless of lives through its credit programs, non-credit programming and cultural events. It is an accredited college where academic credits can be earned by full-or-part-time study in day or night classes or both at its Middletown campus, Newburgh campus and satellite locations in Orange County.
You may choose from its offering of 3 degrees-the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science, technical programs with transfer options and 1-year certificates. Among its support services offered are advising, counseling, career guidance, exploration, and financial aid. There are clubs, co-curricular and leadership activities for enrichment. All students are motivated to qualify for the Phi Theta Kappa honor society and the Honors Program. It also sponsors lectures, cultural and artistic events for students and staff to which the community is welcome.
SUNY Orange also takes pride being a campus with openness to diversity in a mixture of maturity, ethnicity, thoughts, language and spirituality. It has special programs for academically gifted high school seniors and for business or professional people. It has grants, educational partnerships and ENCORE programs. ENCORE is a non-credit program for lifelong learners aged 55 years old and above.
Universities, both public and private, seek out SUNY Orange graduates for transfer into their baccalaureate programs.
Diversified and committed to student success, Orange County Community College will help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $4,400-$5,300
- Out-of-State: $8,800-$10,560
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $180-$220 per unit
- Out-of-State: $370-$440 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||64%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||53%||$4,214|
|Receiving Student Loans||26%||$4,658|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Orange County Community College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges in New York, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|SUNY Orange||Orange County||New York|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1975)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1952)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in New York
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1979)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Orange County Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Orange County Community College.
- Ulster County Community College in Stone Ridge, NY (33 miles away)
- Dutchess Community College in Poughkeepsie, NY (33 miles away)
- Passaic County Community College in Paterson, NJ (38 miles away)
- SUNY Westchester Community College in Valhalla, NY (42 miles away)
- CUNY Bronx Community College in Bronx, NY (48 miles away)