Pennsylvania Highlands Community College (PHCC)
101 Community College Way, Johnstown, PA
- FAFSA School Code: 031804
- Phone: (814) 262-6400
- School Homepage
- Phone: (814) 262-6431
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (814) 262-6434
- Financial Aid Page
Part of a large-town setting, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is located at 101 Community College Way near Johnstown, Pennsylvania. The school offers both certificates and two-year degrees and provides extra support to students so they are well-prepared academically.
Transfer programs are offered in such majors as Business Administration, Accounting, General Studies, Education, and Communications. Career programs that confer certificates and associate’s degrees include curriculums that feature training in the culinary arts, welding, medical assisting and pharmacy technology. Courses are also offered to refresh a student’s skills and include an overview of the basics, or reading, writing and math.
Current enrollment for the school stands at around 3,000 students. The school charges in-state students about $7,300 per year while out-of-state residents pay around $10,000 annually. Established in 1994, the school offers financial aid for those students who qualify. One hundred percent of the students enrolled in the school are registered full-time. Retention rate at the institution is just under 55%. For more information about the school’s programs, phone 814-262-6499.
Find out which are some of the better community colleges in Pennsylvania based on transfer rates, listings information also includes tuition, fees and enrollment data..
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $1,500. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,900-$3,500
- Out-of-State: $8,800-$10,550
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $150-$180 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $350-$420 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$4,832|
|Receiving Student Loans||47%||$3,364|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 8%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College may offer services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares Pennsylvania Highlands Community College against community colleges in the entire state of Pennsylvania.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Pennsylvania Highlands Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biotechnology (A)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A)
- Bookkeeping (A)
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services (C)
- Administrative Assistant (A)
Communications and Journalism
- Communications (A)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Networking (A)
- Computer and Information Systems Security (A)
- Lineworker (A)
- Teacher Assistant (A)
- Education (A)
- Architectural Engineering Technology (A)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A)
- Manufacturing Technology (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care Provider (A)
- Adult Development and Aging (A)
- Child Care (C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Health and Medical Administrative Services (A)
- Medical Insurance Coding (C)
- Pharmacy Technician (C)
- Medical Office Assistant (A)
- Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition Services (C)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Personal and Culinary Services
- Food Preparation and Professional Cooking (A)
- Welding (A)
Public Administration and Social Services
- Human Services (A)
Security and Protective Services
- Corrections (A)
- Law and Justice Administration (A)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.
- Garrett College in McHenry, MD (56 miles away)
- Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College in Moorefield, WV (88 miles away)
- University of Akron Wayne College in Orrville, OH (160 miles away)
- Cayuga County Community College in Auburn, NY (219 miles away)
- Richard Bland College of the College of William and Mary in Petersburg, VA (229 miles away)