Get more information about Phoenix College by clicking links below:
Phoenix College is part of Maricopa Community Colleges, which is one of the largest community college systems in the United States. The college educated many successful businessmen and women in the local community. It is located in sunny Phoenix, Arizona. The college is dedicated to offering an outstanding education at an affordable price.
The college offers 150 degree and certificate programs. Online degree programs are offered and are an excellent choice for people who are employed full-time. The college prepares over 30,000 students each year for the workforce. At Phoenix College you will find diversity and a student body that represents over 100 different countries, and is reflective of the local community. Maricopa County Residents pay $81 per credit hour. Tuition for non- Arizona residents is $322 per credit.
Phoenix College offers many outstanding resources for students. There is a fitness center which allows students to stay in shape. Child care is offered. The college also works with the Southwest Human Development (SWHD) to offer a Head Start classroom at Phoenix College. Dental care is also offered by Phoenix College.
Student clubs are an outstanding way for students to explore their interest and improve leadership skills. The college has over 18 clubs which means that you will find something no matter your interest. This is an excellent way to get connected and build new friendships. Some of the clubs on campus are the American Sign Language club, Future Teachers Association, F-2 photography club, Garden Club, Judo and Jiu-Jitsu club, Student Nurses Organization, and the Robotics club. Clubs are open to all Phoenix college students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,400
- Out-of-State: $7,800-$9,360
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $84-$100 per unit
- Out-of-State: $330-$390 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,735|
|Receiving Student Loans||29%||$5,878|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Phoenix College may offer services like:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how Phoenix College compares against other community colleges in Maricopa County and community colleges in Arizona as a whole.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1961)
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1970)
- Medical Assistant Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (since 2009)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1966)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Arizona
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Phoenix College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Phoenix College.
- GateWay Community College in Phoenix, AZ (6 miles away)
- South Mountain Community College in Phoenix, AZ (7 miles away)
- Glendale Community College in Glendale, AZ (8 miles away)
- Scottsdale Community College in Scottsdale, AZ (12 miles away)
- Paradise Valley Community College in Phoenix, AZ (13 miles away)