Pierce College District 11
9401 Farwest Dr SW, Lakewood, WA
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 005000
- Phone: (253) 964-6500
- School Homepage
- Phone: (253) 964-6501
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (253) 964-6544
- Financial Aid Page
Request more information about programs at Pierce College District 11 by clicking on the links below:
Pierce community college is located in the heart of Puyallup, Washington and offers affordable education to all types of students wishing to prepare for a four-year university, technical certifications or work related programs. Students looking for a culturally diverse college experience, accompanied with plenty of student resources and extracurricular activities, will find Pierce Community College District 11 the perfect fit.
Pierce College offers a variety of programs including Associates Degrees and a comprehensive university transfer program. Pierce is also well known for its nursing program, and military educational programs. They provide the “Running Start” program for academically qualified juniors and senior high school students, to help them earn college credit and graduation requirements.
There are over 3000 students currently enrolled at Pierce College District 11. The college offers distance learning for new students as well as those who wish to upgrade their education, and can’t make it to a classroom environment. Pierce College also has study abroad opportunities and weekend programs are available.
With too many clubs to count and an impressive social scene worth exploring, Pierce community college District 11 offers its students not only a quality education but also provides a laid back and enjoyable experience.
Pierce community college offers a tuition installment plan along with financial aid services, and plenty of scholarships and loan programs. The costs of attending are $115 per credit hour for in state residence, a $128 for out of state, and $287 for other non-residence.
For more information on admissions and tuition fees, please visit the Pierce Community College District 11’s website.
If you are interested in finding a great community college in Washington, please visit our profile page for Washington community colleges which are organized by the percent of students successfully transferring out to a 4-year college.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,500-$4,200
- Out-of-State: $8,700-$10,450
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $110-$130 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $280-$330 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||70%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||56%||$4,235|
|Receiving Student Loans||22%||$5,746|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 7%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Pierce College District 11 may offer student services like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how Pierce College District 11 compares against other community colleges in Pierce County and community colleges in Washington as a whole.
|Pierce College District 11||Pierce County||Washington|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1976)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Pierce College District 11 by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (A)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Commerce (A)
- Advertising and Marketing (C)
- Business Administration (A, C)
- Small Business Administration and Management (C)
- Human Resources (C)
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services (A, C)
- Bookkeeping (A, C)
- Sales (C)
- Real Estate (C)
- Office Management (A)
- Retailing and Retail Operations (C)
- Fashion Merchandising (C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Data Entry and Microcomputer Applications (C)
- Computer Graphics (A)
- Computer Networking (A, C)
- Computer Support Specialist (A, C)
- Property Management (A, C)
- Drywall Installation (C)
- Building and Construction Finishing, Management and Inspection (C)
- Roofer (C)
- Early Childhood Education (A, C)
- Teacher Assistant (A)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (C)
- Occupational Safety and Health Technology (A)
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing (A)
- Mental Health Technician (C)
- Medical Administration (A, C)
- Veterinary Assistant (A)
- Dental Hygienist (A)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Counseling (A, C)
- Medical Reception (C)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Food Preparation and Professional Cooking (A)
- Physical Sciences (A)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Pierce College District 11.
- Tacoma Community College in Tacoma, WA (6 miles away)
- Pierce College at Puyallup in Puyallup, WA (14 miles away)
- Highline Community College in Des Moines, WA (19 miles away)
- South Puget Sound Community College in Olympia, WA (20 miles away)
- Bellevue College in Bellevue, WA (35 miles away)