Pierpont Community and Technical College
1201 Locust Ave, Fairmont, WV
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 040385
- Phone: (304) 367-4692
- School Homepage
- Phone: (304) 367-4173
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (304) 367-4213
Request more information about programs at Pierpont Community and Technical College by clicking on the links below:
Pierpont Community and Technical College, located in Fairmont, West Virginia, was founded in 1974 and is one of the ten schools that comprise the West Virginia Community and Technical College System. The school serves thirteen counties as part of its service area and has extension centers in multiple counties to ensure ease of access to resources. The school was originally known as Fairmont State Community and Technical College and was part of Fairmont State College, though it was renamed in 2006 after Francis H. Piedmont and became an independent institution in 2007.
Pierpont Community and Technical College offers a number of programs for students to choose from. Academic transfer programs allow students to complete the first two years of a four year education locally followed by transfer to a college or university to complete that education. Career programs provide education and training in one of several high demand fields for entry into the workforce for the purposes of long term employment as a qualified professional. Programs take between one and two years to complete and result in a certificate or degree.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Pierpont Community and Technical College admits any interested individuals who are at least eighteen years old or have a high school diploma. Individuals must complete the application for admission, pay all fees, and provide transcripts and test scores if available. Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor, participate in orientation and may be required to take a placement exam prior to registration. Financial Aid is available in the form of loans, grants and scholarships awarded based on need as determined by the information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Compare all the community colleges in West Virginia, with listings including information on tuition, fees, enrollment, and transfer-out rates..
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,900-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $9,200-$11,000
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $170-$200 per unit
- Out-of-State: $390-$460 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$5,599|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$5,817|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Pierpont Community and Technical College may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares Pierpont Community and Technical College against community colleges in West Virginia.
|Pierpont Community and Technical College||Marion County||West Virginia|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1997)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Pierpont Community and Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Commerce (A)
- Hospitality and Recreation Marketing Operations (C)
- Administrative Assistant (A)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Teacher Assistant (A, C)
- Energy Management and Systems Technology (C)
- Mechanical Drafting and Mechanical Drafting cad (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care (A)
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Interdisciplinary Studies (A)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Avionics Maintenance Technology (A)
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
Personal and Culinary Services
- Institutional Food Workers (A)
- Science Technologies (A)
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (A)
- Homeland Security (A)
- Homeland Security (A)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Design and Visual Communications (A)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Pierpont Community and Technical College.
- Garrett College in McHenry, MD (44 miles away)
- New River Community and Technical College in Beckley, WV (130 miles away)
- Carroll Community College in Westminster, MD (169 miles away)
- Richard Bland College of the College of William and Mary in Petersburg, VA (220 miles away)
- Walters State Community College in Morristown, TN (282 miles away)