Southeastern Illinois College (SIC)
3575 College Road, Harrisburg, IL
- FAFSA School Code: 001757
- Phone: (618) 252-5400
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Request more information about programs at Southeastern Illinois College by clicking on the links below:
Southeastern Illinois College (SIC) positions itself as accountable, accessible and affordable. These three crucial elements are ingrained in their culture, and have been since the college took in its first batch of 314 students in 1961. Today, it enrolls over 6,000 students every year in full- and part-time programs.
SIC operates on a lush, 90-acre campus in Harrisburg that has been stunningly landscaped to provide students with a natural environment conducive to learning. This two-year public community college offers six associate degrees in the fields of teaching, engineering, science, arts, applied science and liberal studies. In addition to these, they also offer numerous occupational certificates that prepare students for immediate employment in their chosen vocation. To this end, SIC also hosts on-campus job fairs.
Annual cost of education at SIC has been calculated at an average of $12,944 for in-state students, with a nominal increase to $13,184 for out-of-state students. This includes tuition fees of $4,170 and $4,410, respectively, and $7,854 for off-campus room and board. More than 80% of the students at SIC receive some sort of financial aid.
SIC is a participating member of the Illinois Articulation Initiative, which allows students who have completed their General Education Core Curriculum in AIA-approved courses at SIC to join participating colleges and universities across the state to pursue four-year degrees.
SIC also offers several student activity opportunities through its many clubs and organizations geared towards sports, technology, cosmetology, music, early child care and education.
If you are considering going to Southeastern Illinois College, you should first check out our page detailing all the Illinois community colleges and see how well this school compares to other community colleges in Illinois.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,600-$3,200
- Out-of-State: $4,400-$5,292
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $88-$110 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $150-$180 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$3,985|
|Receiving Student Loans||3%||$6,373|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 18%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Southeastern Illinois College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges in Illinois, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1995)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southeastern Illinois College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Horticulture (C)
Business and Marketing Studies
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services (C)
- Business Administration (A, C)
- Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services (C)
- Commerce (A)
- Bookkeeping (C)
- Data Entry Technology (C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Construction Trades (C)
- Carpentry (C)
- Engineering (A)
- Cad Drafting (C)
- Energy Management and Systems Technology (C)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Housing and Human Environments (C)
- Child Care Provider (A)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Nursing (A)
- Massage Therapy (C)
- Medical Transcription (C)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) (A)
- Medical Insurance Coding (C)
- Veterinary Assistant (A)
- Medical Office Assistant (A)
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences (C)
- Surgical Technologist (C)
- Pharmacy Technician (C)
- Biological and Physical Sciences (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
- Wildlife and Wildlands Science and Management (A)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Cosmetology (C)
- Welding (A, C)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (A, C)
- Corrections (C)
- Juvenile Corrections (A)
- Fire Science (A)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southeastern Illinois College.
- John A Logan College in Carterville, IL (36 miles away)
- Rend Lake College in Ina, IL (38 miles away)
- Henderson Community College in Henderson, KY (44 miles away)
- Shawnee Community College in Ullin, IL (46 miles away)
- Madisonville Community College in Madisonville, KY (58 miles away)