Get more information about Tri – County Technical College by clicking links below:
Citizens of Anderson, Oconee and Pickens counties are aware of the Tri-County Technical College which has been “the” college to go to for technical education. Students have benefited in many ways in fulfilling their dreams to work in major enterprises, manufacturing units and service industries. The tri- county Technical College is one of the sixteen dynamic institutions that comprise the nationally recognized South Carolina Technical College System. Today’s world is ever changing and new technology and new ways of management emerge every other day. The aim of this college is to prepare students to be able to not only cope with but also to succeed in whatever career they choose.
The Tri county Technical College provides a number of courses and students can select the classes they wish to take. You can enroll in one of the programs and create a pathway to your future. The aim is to provide students a ticket to the future with excellent training and skills development. It is said that in college you can mold students to face the world – its true – recognizing the potential of students and helping them maximize their skills is one way to prepare them. What you learn in college – remains as a lesson lifelong – this includes technical as well as personality development of the students.
You can choose from various courses such as majors in arts and science, business and public services, engineering and industrial technology or health education. You can also select from architecture, construction, business management and accounting and lots more. Choose one that matches your career goals and you are all set for a promising future.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $3,800-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $8,700-$10,410
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $170-$200 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $370-$440 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$5,448|
|Receiving Student Loans||26%||$4,301|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Tri – County Technical College may provide services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for Tri – County Technical College compared to community colleges in South Carolina, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|TCTC||Anderson County||South Carolina|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1970)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1997)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in South Carolina
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2001)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Tri – County Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Tri – County Technical College.
- Greenville Technical College in Greenville, SC (24 miles away)
- Spartanburg Community College in Spartanburg, SC (36 miles away)
- Piedmont Technical College in Greenwood, SC (44 miles away)
- Isothermal Community College in Spindale, NC (67 miles away)
- Cleveland Community College in Shelby, NC (83 miles away)