Get more information about Wytheville Community College by clicking links below:
Whytheville Community College, located in Whythevill, Virginia, was founded in 1963 as a two year branch of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. WCC joined the Virginia Community College System in 1967, the year it was formed. The school serves the counties of Carroll, Bland, Grayson, Smyth and Whythe as well as the city of Galax. WCC works with communities and community businesses to provide programs and services that are beneficial to its students and area of operation.
Whytheville Community College offers of over 30 programs which offer certificate, diploma or associate's degrees. Some programs are designed for transfer to a four year university, while others are designed to prepare students for a career or vocation. The programs are taught by caring instructors who feel strongly in regards to providing the best education possible.
Programs offered include:
- Business Administration
- Liberal Arts
- Early Childhood Development
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students wishing to attend and are younger than 18 years of age must have a high school diploma or GED. Non-high school graduates 18 years of age or older must be able to benefit from the programs provided. Transfer students must supply transcripts from their previous college or university.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $1,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,500-$4,200
- Out-of-State: $8,800-$10,570
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $120-$140 per unit
- Out-of-State: $290-$350 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$4,752|
|Receiving Student Loans||4%||$2,536|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 13%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Wytheville Community College may provide student services including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in Virginia.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1974)
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1988)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1988)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1974)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Virginia
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Wytheville Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wytheville Community College.
- New River Community College in Dublin, VA (23 miles away)
- Southwest Virginia Community College in Richlands, VA (43 miles away)
- Virginia Highlands Community College in Abingdon, VA (52 miles away)
- Virginia Western Community College in Roanoke, VA (64 miles away)
- Patrick Henry Community College in Martinsville, VA (68 miles away)