Get more information about American Beauty College by clicking links below:
American Beauty College focuses on beauty & cosmetology training for students located in and around West Covina. Over eighty cosmetology students have completed their training in the last few years with about 65% of those who start the program continue on to complete it. The cosmetology courses that are offered at this school are:
In one of the ways American Beauty College may support its students is by offering assistance in evaluating career options.
American Beauty College has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 1977. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see classes offered, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at American Beauty College. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (626) 472-7402 x305.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- $10,964 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- 13 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
The barber program offered most often takes about twelve months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- 26 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Nail Technician (400 Hours)
The nail technician program takes about four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $600*
- The length of the nail technician program is usually 4 months
Learn more about nail technician programs by visiting our nail technician schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes approximately six months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $9,900 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $100. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (562) 866-0728. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at American Beauty College. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$4,345|
|Receiving Student Loans||6%||$1,192|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to American Beauty College. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Beyond 21st Century Beauty Academy in Santa Fe Springs, CA (5 miles away)
- John Wesley International Barber and Beauty College in Long Beach, CA (8 miles away)
- CRU Institute in Garden Grove, CA (9 miles away)
- Career Academy of Beauty in Garden Grove, CA (9 miles away)
- Universal College of Beauty Inc - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (11 miles away)
- Marinello Schools of Beauty - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (11 miles away)
- Borner's Barber College in Los Angeles, CA (11 miles away)
- Asian American International Beauty College in Westminster, CA (12 miles away)